Business / corporate speak nonsense

There is a guy at my office who tries to use all the buzz words and phrases to show he knows what is going on. However he is not even capable of speaking bs properly. The other day on a Teams call he told us all to “keep our ear to the grapevine”. Fud. 

3 hours ago, Donathan said:

Interviewed for a role recently which involved a “Daily scrum” at 9:30am. I assume this is nothing to do with rugby. 

I had a temp role with the local council about 18 months ago and they had this.  It lasted at least an hour every day.  5 hours a week sat on a call where nothing was agreed, planned or decided.  Nearly a full working day sat where you couldn't do work.

The worst week was when a week of 'dally scrums' lasted 9 and a half hours in total.  Brutal.

10 people not working for nearly 10 hours in a week.  The public sector baby!

On 28/02/2022 at 01:08, Donathan said:

Interviewed for a role recently which involved a “Daily scrum” at 9:30am. I assume this is nothing to do with rugby. 

Daily Scrum following a "Morning Flash".

I couple of new ones I heard recently, someone replied to their own email I had intentionally ignored and told me they were just "bubbling it up"

Also "to language" as in how do you wish to language this?

Language, as a verb FFS

Some of the football analysts are equally as wanky, going on a run with the ball is now a "progressive carry"?  

On 28/02/2022 at 05:50, HK Hibee said:

There is a guy at my office who tries to use all the buzz words and phrases to show he knows what is going on. However he is not even capable of speaking bs properly. The other day on a Teams call he told us all to “keep our ear to the grapevine”. Fud. 

Along the lines of this, there is a guy who has been in the job 5/6 years but is still fucking useless.on a course last week he asked a very specific question about the name of a batterym when the tutor said he had no idea, the guy replied some jargon bullshit. At this point the tutors assistant burst out laughing and in his thick Manchester accent said "that's the size of the battery, you doughnut." 

He also regularly tells clients he will need to go to the workshop and go through the stock "with a fine toothpick". 

p***k. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Along the lines of this, there is a guy who has been in the job 5/6 years but is still fucking useless.on a course last week he asked a very specific question about the name of a batterym when the tutor said he had no idea, the guy replied some jargon bullshit. At this point the tutors assistant burst out laughing and in his thick Manchester accent said "that's the size of the battery, you doughnut." 

He also regularly tells clients he will need to go to the workshop and go through the stock "with a fine toothpick". 

p***k. 

We had one a while back who sent out a long involved email, but in the very first line used the phrase "to all intensive purposes" which very much negated the impact of whatever followed.

Edited by Hillonearth

9 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

We had one a while back who sent out a long involved email, but in the very first line used the phrase "to all intensive purposes" which very much negated the impact of whatever followed.

We have one who is particularly bad for that type of thing. Although she'd probably have spelled intensive incorrectly. In her drive for effiency she types so fast everything she produces is incoherent nonsense. Caps lock on and off mid-word, font changes, zero instead of o and vice versa.

Every communication looks like a ransom note or the cover of Never Mind the Bollocks.

• 2 weeks later...