Business / corporate speak nonsense

That's brilliant. You should sell that - I'd certainly pay for that. The only drawback is that I'm assuming you won't even be aware of who is using "reaching out" - therefore you might not be able to identify the morons of this world so easily. 
I'd assume that you could add additional lines to change format on the replacement text to highlight when it has run? That way you can see which donkey to avoid in actual conversation where you cannot code out stupidity.

Been a while since I dabbled in code for anything other than sorting excel sheets into a presentable format or adding formatting to templates for mail merges (seriously ms, one country in the world is utterly backwards in date writing, make those buggers have to reformat their docs till they get bored and comply).

• 4 weeks later...

Is calling something needing done the 'effort' a common thing?

A manager at work always talks about the effort when talking about some work needing done.

'We need to manage this effort closely throughout'  Basically you want to make sure it gets done m8.

26 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

A manager at work always talks about the effort when talking about some work needing done.

'We need to manage this effort closely throughout'  Basically you want to make sure it gets done m8.

I think, like all these things, there’s legitimate uses of something like this and then some middle manager arsehole hears it and thinks it sounds clever so starts using it everywhere. 

8 minutes ago, Netan Sansara said:

I think, like all these things, there’s legitimate uses of something like this and then some middle manager arsehole hears it and thinks it sounds clever so starts using it everywhere. 

We used to have one like that in my place - before a meeting me and him were going to I remember saying to someone who was meeting with him later that I'd plant a word in his head. During the meeting I described something as a Sisyphean task, and out the corner of my eye I saw him scribbling on a notepad...I knew that's what he was writing down because it looked that he took about three goes to spell it.

Came out the meeting and told the guy who was meeting with him later that that's the word he'd defo use - he didn't disappoint us.

I reckon a big part of those type of middle management jobs is keeping up with the buzzword du jour...at the moment for some reason every presentation or meeting I attend will shoehorn in the word "optics" rather than the more sensible option of "perception" for example.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Just off a Teams meeting there where our resident three letter acronym c**t kept saying WBS instead of work breakdown structure. 

WBS syllables = 5

Work Breakdown Structure syllables = 5

Utter utter cuntspeak of the highest order. 

Aren't you the Work Breakdown Structure?

52 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

We used to have one like that in my place - before a meeting me and him were going to I remember saying to someone who was meeting with him later that I'd plant a word in his head. During the meeting I described something as a Sisyphean task, and out the corner of my eye I saw him scribbling on a notepad...I knew that's what he was writing down because it looked that he took about three goes to spell it.

Came out the meeting and told the guy who was meeting with him later that that's the word he'd defo use - he didn't disappoint us.

I reckon a big part of those type of middle management jobs is keeping up with the buzzword du jour...at the moment for some reason every presentation or meeting I attend will shoehorn in the word "optics" rather than the more sensible option of "perception" for example.

:lol:

19 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Our mob refers to its services as our 'offer'. 

Their latest bit of nonsense is calling guidance notes 'crib sheets'.

:angry:

Our team had a quick Teams catch up with my boss earlier, and he wanted to arrange a follow up meeting to discuss something further with a couple of us. 

"Let's synchronise our e-scheds to ensure we're all at leisure fourteen hundred sharp."

Just out of the follow up meeting now, was a waste of time unsurprisingly.

Edited by Steve_Wilkos
Said Teams 2 times too many

On 13/01/2021 at 16:56, Hillonearth said:

Know what you mean, mate. And those c***s who paste in foreign stuff on an ad hoc basis.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...