Business / corporate speak nonsense

Heh. We flirted with Systems Thinking in our work, although never embarked on a journey thankfully.

As with many corporate fads, it had a kernel of useful stuff wrapped up in a hard shell of gobbledygook.

Edit. That last sentence sounds like corporate bullshit too.

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

We now have an Agora in our department, whatever the f**k that is.

We have gone through our "systems thinking journey".

Also had a load of values fired at us. "Kill complexity". Aye, ok.

I got asked what that meant to me, I replied by shrugging my shoulders and mumbling about it being the correct course of action.

You don't half hear some pish in there like

• 2 weeks later...

Scrabble board up in the air with this fine offering from Simbiotik, which deals in 'brand and proposition' salience and is quoted in the latest Private Eye.

"Simply, we facilitate the deliberate linking of two, or more, organisations to create a composite return that has greater value than where the brands operate in isolation. 2 + 2 = 6 being our goal.

"We focus partnership proposition on achieving a single key motivational driver with the subsidiary benefits of a relationship considered valuable and positive by-products with their own KPI's (planned but not focal)."

court_1image_pdw.png

"Who wrote that? Own up."

• 2 weeks later...

From a Windows spokesman -

The firm also confirmed it had recently scrapped a new type of tablet.

"During the quarter, we reassessed our product roadmap and decided not to ship a new form factor that was under development," said Amy Hood, the firm's chief financial officer.

I recently received a powerpoint from a project manager which on one slide advised us that dates were both "moving out" and "moving to the right". i had to ask him about his aversion to the word "later".

My wife just started some management type gig at the Government, not long in showed me an email that went:

The CLP needs to support the ALR for the DIP.

I told her to respond

WTF?

GTF

But she didn't. English, motherfuckers! Do you speak it?!

My boss has taken to referring to people as "in the tent" constantly.

"We need them in the tent with us", "it's our job to get him in the tent", "are they in the tent with us yet?"

Me in team meetings:

triple-h-angry.gif

Cant help reading those words in the voice of Dougal from Father Ted.

Are we in the tent yet Ted?

Not yet Dougal.

Edited by DAFC

• 1 month later...

I'm just out of a meeting, generally most people in my office finish about half four. Some finance middle-management dork was asked to provide some figures, his real-life, actual response was "I've got to go and pick up the kids, so if you don't mind we'll just park that for now and review it when the sun comes out".

park that for now and review it when the sun comes out

WHAT???

That might be the worst thing I have ever heard in my entire life. I'm the furthest away from a violent or angry man you'll ever meet, but I genuinely wanted to staple this gorps throat shut.

What is wrong with these c***s?