Business / corporate speak nonsense

37 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

In  my line of work, it's a conference call, but used for a technical solution to a system outage.  Getting all the relevant parties who can possibly fix the issue together on one call, and 'bridging the issue".

giphy.gif

I saw this once and thought little of it but I go on a daily call every morning as well some others during the week and this is very relevant. conference-call-bingo-1502745547.thumb.jpg.a1a50d876e9e04b100b174868608e52a.jpg

Right hand side, middle...is that allowed again?

This has reminded me of a particularly rage-inducing incident when I was on call a few weeks ago.

The phone went at about 4am, I answered with one of our bingo squares "Hello? Hello?" to find that I'd been sent in to a fucking conference call without any warning. These c***s have been up all night and expect me to help them out, half asleep. c***s. Late night/early morning "bridge calls" are for scumbags.

I must work in a similar field as boghead ranter as I get asked to join bridge calls quite frequently. IT project manager wankery.

2 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

This has reminded me of a particularly rage-inducing incident when I was on call a few weeks ago.

The phone went at about 4am, I answered with one of our bingo squares "Hello? Hello?" to find that I'd been sent in to a fucking conference call without any warning. These c***s have been up all night and expect me to help them out, half asleep. c***s. Late night/early morning "bridge calls" are for scumbags.

I must work in a similar field as boghead ranter as I get asked to join bridge calls quite frequently. IT project manager wankery.

I wish I'd thought of that for my description :lol:

Dear Pulitzer music award committee. Just shut it.

... a virtuosic song collection unified by its vernacular authenticity and rhythmic dynamism that offers affecting vignettes capturing the complexity of modern African-American life.

2 hours ago, MeadowArab said:

As someone who's doing IT Management at Uni, I wholeheartedly agree.

Half my course is learning jargon and trying to justify its existence. I hate it. Fu*k having a career in IT Management.

Didn’t you run your course up the flagpole before you started?

21 hours ago, HTG said:

"Chocolatey for business"

I'll just leave that hanging here. 

Just to really f**k every c**t off, this mob choose to use C4B on occasion. 

Only an absolute w****r would take the management of Windows packages and call it Chocolatey. 

It's the sort of thing we can expect to see @MeadowArab getting involved in once he overcomes his initial revulsion and realises what a great laugh these utter vermin have amongst themselves. 

Monday morning brought some fresh bullshit.

1/ I’ll park this here. Unless you are discussing your car parking arrangements then get the f**k out of here with that.

2/ Someone proclaiming that a task “falls within their sphere”. I honestly felt a noticeable spike in my blood pressure when I heard it.

5 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Aston Villa’s Chief Commercial Officer, Luke Organ said, “Aston Villa Football Club is proud to pioneer an exciting new tripartite technical kit partnership".

I think it means we are going to have new tops.

Actually tripartite indicates "three of .."

Presumably top, pair of shorts and one sock.  Hmmm,.  Not sure what the words is for "Four of .. "

5 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Aston Villa’s Chief Commercial Officer, Luke Organ said, “Aston Villa Football Club is proud to pioneer an exciting new tripartite technical kit partnership".

Maybe going one step further than Accies and having different makers for the tops, shorts and socks?

19 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

13 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Actually tripartite indicates "three of .."

Presumably top, pair of shorts and one sock.  Hmmm,.  Not sure what the words is for "Four of .. "

It some nonsense about the designer (Luke Roper - apparently a designer and fellow Villian) and the manufacturer (Fanatics) being seperate.

So they two parts and Aston Villa the third.