Your clubs worst ever manager

Edward Malofeev. Batshit crazy and absolutely woeful to boot. We had some truly awful appointments in the Romania era after Burley left, it never really calmed down til Csaba came in.

Rix, Frail/Korobochka, Jim fucking Duffy, Cherevenkov. Grim.

Malofeev was a fantastic manager before and after Hearts. He just could speak a word of English which obviously didn't help him.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Malofeev was a fantastic manager before and after Hearts. He just could speak a word of English which obviously didn't help him.

He had a good career til the early 90's then became a proper journeyman. floated about Vlad's stable and never won a game while in charge of Hearts. A lack of English didn't make him order the players to do piggy back races and games of handball at training. He was a dinosaur.

As for fantastic after Hearts, at what level like? His CV after leaving us is a veritable who's that of eastern European fitba.

All of which is irrelevant anyway as he was a clueless diddy at Hearts. One game we played 3 at the back, think it was against Dunfermline, was an absolute shambles.

Holy shit we've had a few...

Dave McPherson had a squad that was, clearly, the best in the league by a distance and still nearly managed to f**k it up.

Cowboy took that squad, which was the best in the league in the division above, and managed to make it so hate filled, it threw the league away

I can forgive McInally failing to get us promoted against that Gretna team but he chronically misused players and had no ideas tactically. It was ridiculous how long it took us to get back to the 1st only for him to nearly balls it up again.

Irons done well at first but the football was atrocious and once he was, rightly, bagged for doing shite all his nonsense about how he was our greatest manager ever just made him look like a lunatic

I think Dunning summed up Grady well enough. Set us up in a dull, rigid, 4-4-2 and released goal machine Brian Wake so he could sign Donavan Simmonds. Jesus.

I'd moved to London by the time the Moore machine went tits up but he just seemed hell bent on signing a new team every fucking season claiming they weren't good enough without admitting he was the idiot that signed them every fucking season.
Although I saw a few games of that season the worst thing was we managed to, somehow, get worse under Shiels. What a muppet.

Locke.

Gary Locke.

How can you say Locke considering the utter nightmare of a task he was left to turn around?

Surely John Hagart, the guy who led Hearts to the nightmare yo-yo years a mere eight years after our greatest manager ever - Tommy Walker - retired is more deserving a case?

Tommy McLean,odious wee bawbag.

I'll give you one point, the correct answer was in fact "odious wee rat-faced bawbag who needed his head shut in the nearest door repeatedly."

Iain Munro (useless twat, eclipses even Anelka)

Fraud Anelka (Bawbag of the highest order)

Bobby Wilson (out of his depth)

Tommy McLean (poisonous wee hamster faced dick)

Andy Matthew (Though to be fair I only saw the relegation under him).

In my time of watching and in that order

How can you say Locke considering the utter nightmare of a task he was left to turn around?

Surely John Hagart, the guy who led Hearts to the nightmare yo-yo years a mere eight years after our greatest manager ever - Tommy Walker - retired is more deserving a case?

I've no idea about Hagart, I'm not in my sixties. I've said Locke, because even through McLean (who I'd say was second worst), Frail etc etc, it's only under Locke that I genuinely could not be ****ed to go to games, knowing exactly what I'd be subjected to.

I sympathise with Eddie May when he was our manager for the short spell in 2009/10. He had the mess of picking up Yogis overspent nearly relegated team and had to build a side on a severely reduced budget. He had the European campaign right at the start of the season, which hampered preparations and also the Neil McCann saga (That wa*k should never be forgotten for what he caused).

What did McCann do?

I've no idea about Hagart, I'm not in my sixties. I've said Locke, because even through McLean (who I'd say was second worst), Frail etc etc, it's only under Locke that I genuinely could not be ****ed to go to games, knowing exactly what I'd be subjected to.

You don't have to be in your sixties to know Hagart got them relegated even though Ayr United & Kilmarnock had two of the leakiest defences in the whole of Scotland that year & were easy relegation fodder. The team drew a ludicrous 13 games out of 36 games (the two draws against Kilmarnock in particular were a disgrace) & couldn't even beat Hibs once all season.

Basing your surmise of the worst manager on the back of not being bothered to go to games because Hearts were likely to lose is at best naive subjectivity, at worst outright shitgibbonry. Locke was faced with a near impossible task, that the club rallied at the start and end of the season & he kept morale up despite the feeling of inevitable doom was a remarkable achievement in itself, giving Robbie a team that could be built on for this year's remarkable turn around.

Yes, things haven't worked out so well for Locke since, but to dismiss what he did achieve in our darkest hour is poor form.

Locke was also youth coach so must have has some involvement with the guys who came through and helped make them such a success this season so maybe some of the negatives about him are a bit unfair. Was left with a thankless task as first team manager.

Iain Munro (useless twat, eclipses even Anelka)

Fraud Anelka (Bawbag of the highest order)

Bobby Wilson (out of his depth)

Tommy McLean (poisonous wee hamster faced dick)

Andy Matthew (Though to be fair I only saw the relegation under him).

In my time of watching and in that order

I would have Wilson above Anelka, and Munro a close 3rd.

Too young to remember Matthew.

Tommy McLean,odious wee bawbag.

Agree with that. Little c**t couldn't finish the job with Raith. He left when we got pumped by Aberdeen at Starks, I had high hopes for the guy, but hey ho shite happens.

Archived