Your clubs worst ever manager

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my time supporting Falkirk I would have to say Eddie May. Utterly clueless. Now manages Stirling University.

Still about 5 divisions above where he should be managing - even with a team of ringers assembled from across the UK he still cant win the Lowland League. Just a complete thundercunt of a man, well mind the time he and his 2 sidekicks were discussing at a game (and for everyone around to hear) the disciplinary action they were going to take against a colleague.

Classless, Clueless and just a complete fanny.

Don't crow too much. They were against Dundee United...........and Morton :P

He was the caretaker for the Morton game and after being appointed on a permanent basis, he then recorded victories over Dundee Utd and then Clyde! Wiki maybe doesn't count the caretaker period.

For years it was Lambie...but I have to now say Eddie May

He was spineless, should never have been given the job in the first place and is probably the reason for why we are in the position we are now.

Lambie was terrible, but has now been overtaken by May for me......

Gerry McCabe was worse than Martin.

Possibly. McCabe made some horrendous signings, made us one of the worst teams in the country, and to top it all off started challenging supporters to fights in the car park.

I think the case for Martin is that he managed to get such a good side relegated - containing the likes of Beanie and Rodgers - in such spectacular fashion. Not a single win in the last 13 games. Not to mention he was an arrogant c**t, smiling as he walked off after the Partick game, calling the players a bunch of "fucking losers" in the paper, singling out Grindlay for our demise. I could go on...

Possibly. McCabe made some horrendous signings, made us one of the worst teams in the country, and to top it all off started challenging supporters to fights in the car park.

I think the case for Martin is that he managed to get such a good side relegated - containing the likes of Beanie and Rodgers - in such spectacular fashion. Not a single win in the last 13 games. Not to mention he was an arrogant c**t, smiling as he walked off after the Partick game, calling the players a bunch of "fucking losers" in the paper, singling out Grindlay for our demise. I could go on...

Yeah Martin made a lot of mistakes but it was his first job and it was a difficult league, from memory it had 3 full time teams? He went on to do a decent job at Rovers, I think he learned a lot during his time with us. I think Paul would have done a better job in the 3rd Division than McCabe did though and Martin only laughed at the fans, McCabe was offering fights in the car park.

Yeah Martin made a lot of mistakes but it was his first job and it was a difficult league, from memory it had 3 full time teams? He went on to do a decent job at Rovers, I think he learned a lot during his time with us. I think Paul would have done a better job in the 3rd Division than McCabe did though and Martin only laughed at the fans, McCabe was offering fights in the car park.

Yep; Gretna, Morton and Thistle were all full-time. It was understandable that he would make mistakes, but his sheer stubbornness to stick with that awful 3-5-2 formation was pretty unforgivable.

McCabe's only positive was probably bringing Stephen Dobbie in on loan.

Harkness was such a dominant, tyrannical figure that it's almost unfair to judge anyone who worked under him, although I remember Derek Frye as particularly shit.

All things considered, it would be hard to see past Gus, but we were cutting back at the time. I enjoyed the citing of McIntyre, but even I wouldn't pick him (yet). The winner however is the team of Eadie and Rowe. Nice guys both I think, but Christ, we were awful under them.

Yeah but Queen of the South last season under their brilliant manager (who has since done wonders at Kilmarnock) played like the Brazil 1970 side and would have romped this division by a 20 point margin. Paraphrasing slightly.

Yeah but Queen of the South last season under their brilliant manager (who has since done wonders at Kilmarnock) played like the Brazil 1970 side and would have romped this division by a 20 point margin. Paraphrasing slightly.

Making up gormless shit isn't really paraphrasing though, is it?

Archived