Your clubs worst ever manager

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In modern times its got to be Welsh as other Cowden posters have pointed out. We had some duff managers in the 90s but they didn't have much money to spend on players or wages so their sides were always going to be limited in ability. Welsh on the other hand had a decent budget and inherited Mixu's championship side and still done a bad job.

The Jim Fallon era at Dumbarton still causes me to break out in a cold sweat. A perfect example of a decent coach / assistant manager who wasn't capable of being a manager in his own right.

Cold sweat? Nightmare doesn't come close. As you say, decent coach, but example of a rabbit in the headlights and an over-tolerant Board.

Wait for the bites.....

Gus and Iain Scott were bad but any manager at this level who leaves Stephen Dobbie on the bench certainly deserves a mention. Gordon Chisholm you clueless bassa.

He did get us to a cup final and that cannot be discounted.

I will go for Frank McGarvey or Ally McLeod. Mind you, they were hindered by being around in the Harkness era.

Billy McLaren.....horrible man.....also how can he be forgiven for signing Steve Spider Ramsay and Jim Butter!!!

He was pretty useless and the Jim Butter signing was a joke . .McGarvey was terrible but the worst was Harkness .Before anyone says he wasnt the manager then you obviously didnt know what went on in those dark, dark, times .

I can't possibly limit this to one man.

Alan Kernaghan

An absolute clusterfuck of a football manager, who after a largely awful season, delivered the coup-de-grace by taking the huff with the SFL and playing the youths in a Division Fixture at Airdrie, resulting a 7-0 horsing. A c**t of a manager and a c**t of a human being.

Dave "Coco" Smith

Appointed by equally useless chairman Angus Cook to the Dundee job, Coco almost immediately sealed his fate by applauding United's players off the pitch after they'd humiliated us 3-0 at Dens. Bizarrely he somehow pulled off a league double against previous season's double winners Celtic, but otherwise he was utterly useless. He also had the unusual habit of delivering a pre-match "gee-up" to the fans over the tannoy, resulting in the first and only time i've ever seen a grown man throw a pie at a speaker.

The Bonettis

"Aye but we we were good to watch". f**k off, this "experiment" achieved absolutely nothing beyond a top six finish and cost the club (and many others) £23million via an administration which we've never really recovered from. The second season, as alluded to above, was an absolute non-event as a procession of highly paid mercenaries put in minimal effort. Basically we spent £23million and almost died to achieve a finishing spot one below that which Jocky Scott had managed two seasons previously on a fraction of the budget.

We, like most, have had our share of roasters.

In no particular order:

May

Lambie

Bannon

Clarke

Geordie Millar

These are certainly the worst I have witnessed. Who was the worst? Probably Millar. That Centenary season was just awful.

We, like most, have had our share of roasters.

In no particular order:

May

Lambie

Bannon

Clarke

Geordie Millar

These are certainly the worst I have witnessed. Who was the worst? Probably Millar. That Centenary season was just awful.

Horrible season....horrible strip

The memory of his wifes death ray stare still haunts me. He was useless though.

But, what about the Edinburgh taxi driver? Tam Stevens?

I just hope for your sake Tam "the other Bam" doesn't read this...! :lol:

I don't know what Paddy Dolan's Cowden team were like but he got jailed soon after his stint there for gun-running...

Did you have to mention that name fallon again. Even after nearly 20 years of therapy I'm still getting flashbacks

Ach, just simmer. I put in Ian Murray as a sort of equilibrium.

Fallon was a balloon of a manager. Good coach, bad manager.

Murray is the exact opposite - a real talent with huge prospects.

Archived