Your clubs worst ever manager

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toss up between Lambert and Burke, had Burke not been sacked quite early in the season then he'd prob get it but Lambert deserves the award for being here longer and leaving me with the worst memory of football I ever saw at Livi, also our record 7-0 defeat to Hibs was down to him.

For years it was Lambie...but I have to now say Eddie May

He was spineless, should never have been given the job in the first place and is probably the reason for why we are in the position we are now.

Lambie was terrible, but has now been overtaken by May for me......

Lambie was my next door neighbour when I lived with my folks in Whitburn, I remember him being ran off the road by a Falkirk fan during that time. Lol.

Would you care to explain why McIntyre isn't liked? It seems as though you disagree with what VT has said.

I'm not a fan of his myself, but I wouldn't say that McIntyre is universally disliked. There's plenty of debate about how his performance as Queens manager thus far should be regarded.

Those who are critical would point to what's seen as unnecessary tinkering, whereby strong parts of the side have been inexplicably disrupted. There is also concern over his decidedly mixed record of signings, as well as over some perceived blind spots where certain players are concerned. He's also seen as a bit of a shitebag, adopting unnecessarily cagey tactics in certain games.

Queens fans recognise that last season's dominance could not - for extremely obvious reasons- be repeated this time round. Things that weren't broken, were however fixed, resulting, particularly early on, in some pitiful performances and results.

Billy McLaren.....horrible man.....also how can he be forgiven for signing Steve Spider Ramsay and Jim Butter!!!

Bet you wouldn't say that to his face

I've met Billy a few times over the years. He's actually a decent guy, very well spoken and quite the opposite to what people paint him out to be. Quite funny at times with a genuine sense of humour. Having said that I wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of him though 8)

Interesting to read the points made by the Accies fan and Skyline. Billy is one of those guys who will always split opinion amongst fans and players alike.

I know quite a few guys over the years who played under him. Most of them wouldn't have a bad word to say about the guy. As long as you pulled your weight and got the job done the way he wanted it done he was fine. Cross him though and life would be very unpleasant full stop.

He wanted his side's to play football the proper way. He inherited a mess at Queen's first time around and didn't too bad second time around IMO. He had Stranraer playing some good stuff at times when he was there too.

• 1 year later...

Edward Malofeev. Batshit crazy and absolutely woeful to boot. We had some truly awful appointments in the Romania era after Burley left, it never really calmed down til Csaba came in.

Rix, Frail/Korobochka, Jim fucking Duffy, Cherevenkov. Grim.

Marcio Maximo the Brazilian who lasted for something like 9 games. We have had a few duff managers but he wins if only because he punted Barry Wilson. :o

Yep, wouldn't use wingers, daft pr1ck.

Hughes was an arse too but I'd still give the nomination to Lambert, our Hibs drubbing and his body language standing there looking like he had just no idea what to do and wishing he wasn't there in our home game after that summed him up. No fecking clue.

Turned out ok for his next few clubs until he finally came unstuck at Villa.

Edward Malofeev. Batshit crazy and absolutely woeful to boot. We had some truly awful appointments in the Romania era after Burley left, it never really calmed down til Csaba came in.

Rix, Frail/Korobochka, Jim fucking Duffy, Cherevenkov. Grim.

Duffy?!

No Duffy.

Genuinely can't remember him managing Hearts in that mental period. Seems utterly bizarre (even more so) that amongst the Lithuanians and random Englishmen, Jim Duffy pops up.

My old man (followed the Gers since the 60's) & I have this discussion all the time. His choice is Greig, I plump for McCoist.

Greig was on a hiding to nothing at Ibrox. Moving from player to manager in such a short space of time was never likely to end well. He did deliver 5 cup successes to Rangers. Sadly he couldn't lift the league title.

McCoist. Fucking hell. I don't think there was anything positive to come from his tenure in charge.

We sealed the 3rd division title with a 0-0 draw away to Montrose(?). The celebrations from the management team at full time whilst the supporters booed the team off summed it up for me. He even went as far as to call winning the bottom division "an outstanding achievement".

Won the 2nd division by 40 points. League was won (mathematically) in March. He proceeded to play our first choice 11 for the remaining 9 games to preserve an unbeaten record that nobody gave a toss about, instead of blooding youngsters for this season.

The less said about this seasons shambles the better.

To top it all off the useless p***k is still being paid £15,000 a week to cut his grass!

Thanks for the memories, Alistair.

Archived