Sunshine brings all the scum to the yard

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ayr's fucking irrelevant even to the neddiest (Port Glasgow) custom, given cheap flights now. With no genuinely decent reason to stay there you'd have to be spending 90% of your income on smack to even consider Ayr as a genuine day out.

Apart from an easy three points at Somerset Park ie the best day out.

Was down at the Cowgate after the Hearts game the day.

All seems great when the sun is out and it is warm, folk enjoying a bevvy outside and nice looking birds stoating about. Cut to about midnight when everyone has had an all day session though and the place ends up looking like Omaha beach with bodies strewn everywhere and myriad horrors every way you look.

Ayr's fucking irrelevant even to the neddiest (Port Glasgow) custom, given cheap flights now. With no genuinely decent reason to stay there you'd have to be spending 90% of your income on smack to even consider Ayr as a genuine day out.

Apart from an easy three points at Somerset Park ie the best day out.

My mate went to University in Ayr (no really!) so I used to go down there quite a bit. Once was for a Caley-Ayr game during a glorious spring weekend and there were certainly plenty of complete minks on the train back, families with both parents drinking, calling their misbehaving infant children 'c***s'.

My all-time favourite Ayrshire journey experience, and probably my top train journey lunatic experience of all time, came when I travelled from Ayr-Glasgow on the day of an Old Firm game. A couple got on and sat at my table at Troon and seeing that the woman had a bottle of Buckfast and the man a bottle of whisky I kept my eyes down. It turned out that the man was a Celtic fan whereas this lassies ex-boyfirned was a Rangers supporter. The charming couple had gone to watch the game in a pub and had run into the ladies former beau and all his mates, who proceeded to chase them through the streets. Loves young dream had to take shelter in a tescos, until the cuckolded bluenose called off his mob. My travelling companions response to this was to phone the guys house and leave death threats on his voicemail, all done in the train carriage within everyone's earshot. He said that he was going to throw a bomb through his living room window and batter him with a baseball bat, although I'm unsure if that is the most logical order for these things.

I think Celtic won that game as well (I don't remember the score but Michael ball got sent off I think?), who knows what he would've done had they lost.

My mate went to University in Ayr (no really!) so I used to go down there quite a bit. Once was for a Caley-Ayr game during a glorious spring weekend and there were certainly plenty of complete minks on the train back, families with both parents drinking, calling their misbehaving infant children 'c***s'.

I briefly went to uni at the UWS Ayr campus. Tis a silly place.

Vauxhall Astra, four teenage guys, rangers tops or taps aff, baseball caps, bonkers cd on, shouting at passers by.

Marvellous.

How do you know that they have rangers tops if they are off? Do they fly them like flags?

I think he was outlining a stereotypical scenario.

At first glace I was going to do the 'whoosh' thing, but then I realised you are weeperdee and thought 'what's the point?'

Ach well.

Hence its continued popularity among the bottom-feeders of Glasgow.

How do you know that they have rangers tops if they are off? Do they fly them like flags?

Some had rangers tops on some had tops aff.

Comprende?

Walking through Edinburgh city centre into work most pubs had gaggles of steamers outside, talking loudly, obviously topping up after a weekend of boozing.

The Station tavern in Gorgie had chairs outside, it's not exactly my idea of an al fresco joint :lol:

Last night here, (Auchterarder) the full effects of Sun and booze were easily seen. Boys fighting in the street, getting carted off by girlfriends/pals, gangs of youths roaming around looming for 'revenge'.

Certainly messed with my ch'i somewhat.

Last night here, (Auchterarder) the full effects of Sun and booze were easily seen. Boys fighting in the street, getting carted off by girlfriends/pals, gangs of youths roaming around looming for 'revenge'.

Everybody starts off best pals drinking in the garden but come the back of ten everybody is battling with each other. The police must love this time year.

That sounds like one of my family funerals

Nothing unveils utter scumbags like sunny weather.

With in 5 minutes at Central Station I saw 3 guys with Union Jack shorts and Chelsea shirts on. Thanks for signposting that you are a vile bigot. Will avoid.

Post your collection of the dregs of society thanks to the weather.

The sad thing is they were probably too busy having fun to be judging you whilst you scuttled past in your cool as f**k - obviously the clothes of a well respected fashionista - top and your wee ice tea in hand consolidated in the fact that an internet forum would love to hear about this and agree about those dregs of society... :rolleyes:

Why do you care so much about the clothes a bunch of guys are wearing anyway? Do you dress yourself to signpost how awesome you are?

The sad thing is they were probably too busy having fun to be judging you whilst you scuttled past in your cool as f**k - obviously the clothes of a well respected fashionista - top and your wee ice tea in hand consolidated in the fact that an internet forum would love to hear about this and agree about those dregs of society... :rolleyes:

Why do you care so much about the clothes a bunch of guys are wearing anyway? Do you dress yourself to signpost how awesome you are?

Their dress code iss quite an obvious way of saying "I'm a c**t, you probably won't want to talk to me". TBH I appreciate the warning.

Now toddle off and get the UJ shorts out of your dryer.

Archived