AC/DC - no more?

Ray Vaughn

Brian Johnson is brilliant, but If You Want Blood You've Got It, which features Bon Scott, is the best live album ever made.

Can't argue with that.

I'm sure I saw a double version of that album in a rock club in Callela, Spain one night

Is the piece not known as Fling Thing?

YouTube footage of the lads doing it at the Apollo in 78 in Scotland tops 8)

The very same.Only, it gets called Bonny sometimes. I'm sure it was listed as Bonny on the playlist for last Sunday.

That clip from the Appollo was on Family Jewels, the DVD as well.

Fling Thing was the B side on a 7" single that I had years ago - struggling to remember the A side

Brian Johnson is brilliant, but If You Want Blood You've Got It, which features Bon Scott, is the best live album ever made.

That record is the template for hard rock in my view, has not been bettered.Nobody else has put out anything with the same energy, AC/DC included.

Live at Donnington 91 is by far Brian Johnsons best live performance. That show is the reason I love AC/DC. It's perfect.

The Apollo gig in 78 is Bons equivalent. It's just a shame that gig was before some of Bons best work on Highway to Hell.

Live at Donnington 91 is by far Brian Johnsons best live performance. That show is the reason I love AC/DC. It's perfect.

The Apollo gig in 78 is Bons equivalent. It's just a shame that gig was before some of Bons best work on Highway to Hell.

That Donnington DVD is awesome and just perfect in every way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Bump

It seems AC/DC might be done as Brian Johnson has been told to pack in doing shows because he risks going deaf.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35751399

Possibility of performing with guest vocalists in the remainder of their shows.

Damn shame. Feel privileged to have seen them twice.

From what I read earlier they hope to have someone else doing vocals for the European gigs that are scheduled.

Glad I went to see them last year, though I really wish I'd seen them when Malcolm was still playing.

I'm ancient enough to have seen them with Bon Scott. I thinks the time has come to call it a day as a guest vocalist just would not do. TBH they've been past their best for years now although I've still enjoyed the live shows.

Of course he would. Chance at glory after 43 years. Steven Tyler played with them at hall of fame induction ceremony.

OR this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SggV-XFKQ1w