AC/DC - no more?

Ray Vaughn

Stadium gigs are miles better now than when I started going back in the 1980's. To be honest, they aren't that much more expensive now, than they were then either. I think my Wembley tickets for Queen were north of £40 back in 1986.

At least now, you don't have to try and catch a glimpse of the singer, under someone far bigger than you's oxter, every 5 minutes. The screens make a huge difference for short arses like me. It's far more hygienic as well.

It did look like there wasn't a lot of younger folk there on Sunday. Either they don't like AC/DC or couldn't afford it. My money would be on the former though.

Haven't seen anyone else at Hampden but I believe that other acts have utilised the area behind the goals.

I think the sole purpose of the huge space behind the goals was that the Stadium Planners hadn't a fucking clue. They should have brought the Terraces closer to the pitch IMO. Would increase the atmosphere at sporting events.

U2 had the stage at the East stand.

I'm not convinced it would be any better if you're towards the back.

Only complaint I had was the layout at Hampden. That was the first gig I had ever been to there - is it always set up with the stage in front of the North stand? I thought the whole fucking point of having the ridiculous open spaces behind each goal was to set up stages there, meaning the capacity would be a lot higher.

Take That and Robbie Williams both had stages set up in front of the North too and that was with a wee stage that went way outwards. Probably something to do with the hospitality seats

The gig at the Aviva was brilliant, just an absoloute blast from start to finish...

This was the 6th time I've seen them live and the band played with as much energy as ever, BJ is a freak of nature quite frankly, I hope I have a tenth of his energy when I'm his age...the lights ,screens and of course the Bells were excellent. Crowd were really up for it too.

I thought the stage and lights were pretty simplistic. Especially for a stadium gig. Not that it matters though. If you have the music then you've got it made.

It has always been that way from the very beginning. The focus is on the band as it should be.

Apart from inflatable Rosie....cannons.....a full size train and a feck off bell:lol:

If you can access ABC iView there is a 2 part documentary about Albert Records focusing a lot on the Easybeats and AC/DC. Some input from Angus Young, a lot of Harry Vanda. Narration is naff, some odd reenactments but some good interviews and clips. Worth watching if your a fan and interested in how they evolved. It is called Blood & Thunder: The story of Alberts. It might also be up on YouTube. Second part has more AC/DC.

You cant fault AC/DC for the show they put on, especially at their age! One of the few bands that manage to sound better live than on record IMO.

Only complaint I had was the layout at Hampden. That was the first gig I had ever been to there - is it always set up with the stage in front of the North stand? I thought the whole fucking point of having the ridiculous open spaces behind each goal was to set up stages there, meaning the capacity would be a lot higher.

I would agree with this, Brian Johnsons time with the band may not have been as good as Bons in terms of quality of recording but as a live act they have been phenomanal ,although worth pointing out that Bon was no slouch either but the raw power of the band and energy they have through performance is what sets them apart ,

Brian Johnson is brilliant, but If You Want Blood You've Got It, which features Bon Scott, is the best live album ever made.

My spine tingles when I hear Riff Raff on that album.

I've seen and heard a few others. One in particular springs to mind - AC/DC live at the SECC, 1996.

This was Thirdrock Junior's first AC/DC gig. He was seven. He burst my nose as he air-guitared and headbanged just in front of me.

f**k knows how he got it but he did - it's an on-line bootleg.

The 1992 gig was my all-time favourite DVD, closely followed by the River Plate one.

And the one in New Yorkfrom 1977 hosted by Ed Sharkey was pretty decent too.