China

George Parr

I was down there with my work and we were taken out for dinner a few times.

Our hosts would order for everyone, sometimes it was best not to ask and just hope for the best.

Fried rice, chips and curry sauce in the one dish never ever appeared though.

I was down there with my work and we were taken out for dinner a few times.

Our hosts would order for everyone, sometimes it was best not to ask and just hope for the best.

Fried rice, chips and curry sauce in the one dish never ever appeared though.

One of my brother's friends from Hong Kong took us to this market in North Point where all the locals went. Just about every entrail you can think of was on the menu and the guys cooking were standing in their wellies having a cigarette  :lol:

Food poisoning was my immediate concern, but the food actually turned out to be pretty good. Although I wasn't sure what part of the chicken we were served.

Sunday afternoon's in Wanchai in HK are something to behold. A large number of the Filipina and Indonesian maids have their day off and enjoy themselves in one of the disco bars...a fair few Western guys join in the party too, as you can imagine.

Sunday afternoon's in Wanchai in HK are something to behold. A large number of the Filipina and Indonesian maids have their day off and enjoy themselves in one of the disco bars...a fair few Western guys join in the party too, as you can imagine.

That's a really polite way of describing the carnage that ensues :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from 3 weeks backpacking from HK, Yangshou (karstique mountain are amazing), chengdu (pandas), xian (kung fu and terracottawarriors) ending in Beijing (camped the Great Wall) with Dragon Trip. Amazing time, including a 25hr train trip which was interesting! China is nuts.

Done Cambodia/Thailand, India and Africa with G Adventures and never had an issue with them.

Next trip was to be Japan but as have seen a bit of Asia think will leave it and do Peru first then do it next year.

Archived