St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hope your team underestimates as much as you do .

Waffles is always pessimistic about potential crowds, especially United's

And stop with this underestimating nonsense now, no one is underestimating St Johnstone at United, especially the fans, the majority i have spoken to are not feeling overly confident, i'm the same, you're not really underdogs going into this game in reality simply based on the three recent meetings

Also of the two there has been more confident talk coming out of the Saints camp in recent days imo

Edited by ShedruleFTD83

Most United fans I know are not confident at all. I include myself in that camp. I am thoroughly looking forward to the whole day and the build up is getting me very excited, but in terms of the game I don't have too much optimism given that Saints know how to play against us and must be confident of being able to do the same on Saturday. Much like we seemed to be able to pay Motherwell this season and win comfortably, the same must be said for St.Johnstone against us.

I'm the same, got this awful feeling we will end up being bit part players in St Johnstone winning their first major trophy

You just never know though, it's the most 50/50 cup final on paper i can recall in many years

All three guys on Terrace Podcast think St Johnstone will win. More folk I know think they'll win too, but the bookies obviously don't think so.

Whoever scores first will win. I just cannot see past that. If we score first then St Johnstone will automatically open themselves up and I think we'll score quite a few. If they score first, they'll win 2-0. First twenty minutes will be very interesting. I hope we try and keep possession like we did against celtic last Sunday instead of dropping Paton/Rankin really fucking deep.

Edited by Waffelz

Isn't it a pity that every week aint like the week before a Scottish Cup Final...with your team in it....

Yes, it may be nerve racking... but lets enjoy every second!! Doesn't happen very often....(.....at least for us....)

St Johnstone should know that the protocol is to lose your first 6 finals before you can even think of winning. Hopefully Tommy Wright kens the script!

I genuinely can't even take a stab at a score. Far too close to call for me. I just hope it doesn't go to pens as I think i'll self combust.

Edited by Shengus Khan

Can't handle this build up at all. Every so often it hits me what's happening tomorrow and my stomach drops. God knows what state I'll be in this time tomorrow.

As said above, you could hardly imagine a more 50/50 final. In a 38 game season only five points separated us. United won one more match than us over the course of the season. We won the head-to-head battle between the two teams.

None of that is significant now though. I think it will come down to which team handles the pressure and the occasion best. And probably even more importantly, who scores first.

In bits here, must have checked the clock a dozen times in the last hour.

Was exactly the same four years ago and this is my 6th cup final (87, 88, 91, 94, 2010) lost the first three but on a 20 year winning streak now!

Retweeted by Chris Millar

Was like sending ur kid to school on their first day dropping @MidgeyMillar at the station #nervouswreck #goodluck #uzwilldoit #coys

See, we're going to crack up tomorrow. We just aren't used to Finals. United's vast experience of these occasions undoubtedly has them as overwhelming favourites.

Absolutely bricking it.

I'd say the United fans on here have been nothing but reasonable about the game and seem as nervous as any of us about it.

Having said that I just can't picture us lifting the trophy and have lingering fear we will be three nil down after ten minutes. United have players that have been in a cup final and won it; that might turn out to be the key difference. I'm always pessimistic about Saints games, just the way it is. But winning the Scottish Cup? Us? Really?

I made the rookie mistake of leaving myself part of my final essay of uni til today. Unable to sit still and keep getting distracted from my work. I'm ridiculously excited for tomorrow but equally petrified.

I think it could go either way but I'm just praying we don't do what Costanza suggested and bottle it and be 3-0 down after 10 minutes. I suspect every Saintee will be needing a drink to try calm the nerves and i can pretty much say for certain that I won't be sleeping tonight.

Living, studying and working in Dundee has made the build up extra interesting for me as i've been told I won't be welcome at work (Score), the pool hall or out with my sunday league team should we win it.

Regardless of the score, it's a stick on that somepoint tomorrow I'm gonna be in floods of tears anyway

Good luck to both teams tomorrow - hope it's a decent game. Nothing against Utd at all - but as Utd got one pretty recently, I'd like to see St Johnstone pick up their first cup, so will be cheering them on tomorrow..

Colin Murray played both cup final songs on TalkSport this morning, according to some boy on United Mad. Apparently the United number came out on top.

Sorry TRS. If it helps, Colin Murray used to play the Darkness on his old Radio 1 show, so the guy is obviously a cloth-eared simpleton.

Retweeted by

JDsQrgtX_bigger.jpeg

Was like sending ur kid to school on their first day dropping
at the station

See, we're going to crack up tomorrow. We just aren't used to Finals. United's vast experience of these occasions undoubtedly has them as overwhelming favourites.

Who are you trying to convince ?? Your mob have had the better of us all season, you have a top notch striker and a well organised team. From guide would suggest you are in the driving seat.

United are more than capable, but just depends on how quickly we get out of the blocks. We were a bit sluggish to start with vs The rangers, and allowed them to press us in midfield. If we do that tomorrow , we'll be in trouble.

Who are you trying to convince ?? Your mob have had the better of us all season, you have a top notch striker and a well organised team. From guide would suggest you are in the driving seat. United are more than capable, but just depends on how quickly we get out of the blocks. We were a bit sluggish to start with vs The rangers, and allowed them to press us in midfield. If we do that tomorrow , we'll be in trouble.

Nah, we've been lucky. You absolutely tore us apart then we beat you when you played most of the game with 10 mean followed by a lucky win at Tannadice thanks to a freak own goal from your keeper. In the recent 2-0 win you were obviously playing well within yourselves as part of your cup final strategy.

Our luck must surely run out tomorrow. You are clearly the better team and if I was a United fan I'd be grossly disappointed if you didn't win against little Saints in our first ever Final.