St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is there a bigger collection of puddle drinkers anywhere on the net than the regulars of Utd Mad?

Hope none of you good lads post on it

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=196&fid=101&sty=2&act=1&mid=2111166620

:1eye

It's the complete opposite really, our fans are excited but in no way thinking that it will be an easy game. I've yet to speak to anyone who is in anyway over confident about it. Ironically some of the stuff being spouted on that thread are the most arrogant views i've seen towards the match from either set of fans.

To be fair most United fans on here are embarrassed, confused and frankly a little scared by the stuff that can be spouted on United mad at times and acknowledge that it's a complete clusterfuck of a forum. The best thing is to just try and pretend it's not there and avoid it as much as possible. :unsure2:

Is there a bigger collection of puddle drinkers anywhere on the net than the regulars of Utd Mad?

It's the complete opposite really, our fans are excited but in no way thinking that it will be an easy game. I've yet to speak to anyone who is in anyway over confident about it. Ironically some of the stuff being spouted on that thread are the most arrogant views i've seen towards the match from either set of fans.

I clicked on that link. I want to cry now.

suits13may14.jpg

Looking at that again it's clicked that Muzz isn't there. I know he's injured and can't play but he's a first team squad member so you'd think he'd be included. Kane is, which is great, but of course he can't play either. Wherefore art thou Murray?

To be fair most United fans on here are embarrassed, confused and frankly a little scared by the stuff that can be spouted on United mad at times and acknowledge that it's a complete clusterfuck of a forum. The best thing is to just try and pretend it's not there and avoid it as much as possible. :unsure2:

There's a few good posters on United Mad, but the good guy/w**k ratio is heavily weighted in favour of the latter. There's an informative poster on there called Shedka, who I'm sure is our very own ShedRuleFTD?

Not sure exactly how I'll react if we lose on Saturday. It'll be painful no doubt, but I have a feeling this will be tempered, minimally at least, by the fact that it's to a club like St Johnstone, whose fans will savour the win such as the occasion deserves. As opposed to another Old Firm procession met with general indifference from their supporters. That I saw us win it just four years ago might also help.

Still not ready to fully engage with that scenario though, so f**k the Saintees, an' all that.

I'm not on MAD but at the same time am very confident. I know most people on here have got into a bizarre, "we're not favourites, you are" routine, but I will still maintain that if United turn up and play like they can, we win.

That said, I was also confident in 87 and 91 :(

Not sure exactly how I'll react if we lose on Saturday. It'll be painful no doubt, but I have a feeling this will be tempered, minimally at least, by the fact that it's to a club like St Johnstone, whose fans will savour the win such as the occasion deserves. As opposed to another Old Firm procession met with general indifference from their supporters.

I remember the 05 cup final well. The Celtic fans were utterly silent throughout the game, save for a quick celebration when they scored. Once the final whistle went, they launched into song. At the time, I just thought how crap it would be to win trophies and not really care about it. Life of a glory-hunter I suppose.

My current state at the moment.

giphy.gif

United Mad, always good for a laugh :lol:

But yeah, who the phuck do you phuckers think you are? 8)

I saw a link a few days ago about Perth based Dundee Utd fans went happy that the city has turned blue & white.

Where was that? How dare the local community get behind their local team. Talk about damned if you do, damned if you don't.

There's a few good posters on United Mad, but the good guy/w**k ratio is heavily weighted in favour of the latter. There's an informative poster on there called Shedka, who I'm sure is our very own ShedRuleFTD?

Not sure exactly how I'll react if we lose on Saturday. It'll be painful no doubt, but I have a feeling this will be tempered, minimally at least, by the fact that it's to a club like St Johnstone, whose fans will savour the win such as the occasion deserves. As opposed to another Old Firm procession met with general indifference from their supporters. That I saw us win it just four years ago might also help.

Still not ready to fully engage with that scenario though, so f**k the Saintees, an' all that.

Is he? Christ I don't know how he could stand it. Whenever I've looked on there it's just a complete mess and on the rare occasion that there's been someone being reasonable they've been shot down by a depressingly large number of idiots. The amount of stick I've seen guys like Graham or Erskine get on there when I've been brave/bored enough to look is pathetic this season.

I remember the 05 cup final well. The Celtic fans were utterly silent throughout the game, save for a quick celebration when they scored. Once the final whistle went, they launched into song. At the time, I just thought how crap it would be to win trophies and not really care about it. Life of a glory-hunter I suppose.

They were like that in the semi-final last year as well. Their crowd seemed like it was a chore for them to be there and barely contributed to the atmosphere apart from, once again, quick celebrations for the goals and a bit of singing at the end of extra-time.

suits13may14.jpg

Looking at that again it's clicked that Muzz isn't there. I know he's injured and can't play but he's a first team squad member so you'd think he'd be included. Kane is, which is great, but of course he can't play either. Wherefore art thou Murray?

Probably at the bookies

You're entitled to that opinion but I find that extremely arrogant. I've watched us dismantle plenty teams this season, including United, but I wouldn't be as bold as to say if we play like we can we'd win, if both sides play to the best of their abilities on Saturday it's anybodies game.

Utterly arrogant? Do you never go into games thinking you will win?

In 1986/87, we beat St Mirren three times and lost once in the league, then lost to them in Extra Time in the Scottish Cup Final.

In 1990/91 we beat Motherwell three times and lost once in the league, then lost to them in Extra Time in the Scottish Cup Final.

So, by that rationale United to win in Extra Time on Saturday.

Glad we sorted that out.

Don't think either set of fans can feel confident going into this game. Utd have some history of winning big games. We don't - and we tend to f**k things up on big occasions ...as a long time Saints supporter this is what I am use to.

We've beaten them 3 times this season - they finished higher up the league than us. However on the day anything can happen!! Both teams have got players that can do the job.....just depends who can do it on the day.

(My mantra - just got to enjoy it...and hope for the best!!)

Don't think either set of fans can feel confident going into this game. Utd have some history of winning big games. We don't - and we tend to f**k things up on big occasions ...as a long time Saints supporter this is what I am use to.

We've beaten them 3 times this season - they finished higher up the league than us. However on the day anything can happen!! Both teams have got players that can do the job.....just depends who can do it on the day.

(My mantra - just got to enjoy it...and hope for the best!!)

It could be decided by an inch either side of a post or bar, or even a centimetre!

My mums just told me that the care home she works in will be showing the match love to all residents and staff. Fantastic stuff as I know a few people round at the place were unable to travel due to medical reasons.