St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anyway, it's Dillon or Souttar and Dow or Gauld. The other nine positions are nailed on. Jackie obviously considered the possibility of Watson at centre half but the possibility of Keef's knees randomly locking is probably too much to bear.

FWIW I'd drop that mentalist Gunning and take my chances with Dillon and Souttar but obviously that won't happen and we'll have to cross our fingers that Gavin can manage 90 minutes without at least one brain fart. Seems highly unlikely to me.

I think Jackie might try something different, given that they've beaten us 3 times on the bounce.

Rado

Wilson

Dillon

Gunning

Robertson

Paton

Rankin

Gomis

Dow

Ciftci

Armstrong

If we get a goal up and Saints need to push on, GMS and Gauld on to exploit the gaps that will appear

Nailed on for me are:

Rado, Gunning, Robertson, Paton, Rankin, Armstrong and Ciftci.

I think form dictates that Watson, Dillon and Dow start.

Which leaves Gauld and GMS fighting for the last place and I think Gauld will get it.

I know most will think GMS is nailed on leaving Gauld and Dow fighting for the last shirt but I think this is going to be Gauld's final.

There will be rioting in the stands if GMS doesn't start in the cup final surely? Assuming he is fully fit he hasn't done anything to deserve being left out and I don't think Gauld has done enough to displace him.

The pleasing thing is though, whoever is left on the bench will be a good option to come on and make an impact if needed.

Surely has to be Rado, Watson, Dillon, Gunning, Robertson, Paton, Rankin, Dow, Armstrong, GMS, Ciftci.

There will be rioting in the stands if GMS doesn't start in the cup final surely? Assuming he is fully fit he hasn't done anything to deserve being left out and I don't think Gauld has done enough to displace him.

The pleasing thing is though, whoever is left on the bench will be a good option to come on and make an impact if needed.

Surely has to be Rado, Watson, Dillon, Gunning, Robertson, Paton, Rankin, Dow, Armstrong, GMS, Ciftci.

Thats the team, full stop

There's more chance of Gary Macdonald scoring a hat trick of over head kicks than there is of GMS being dropped for the final.

He likes a trick against you lot - one of them will come to something eventually.

I think the team you've noted will be the favourite to start, and if fit our best XI, minus Good.

I can't recall the last time I watched GMS and thought he was 100% fit though, maybe Inverness 5-0 game? I didn't see the Motherwell game a couple of weeks ago so he might have been on fire then too.

Not having a go at him at all, I think he's excellent when on form but hasn't looked himself for a couple of months in my opinion.

I think the team you've noted will be the favourite to start, and if fit our best XI, minus Good.

I can't recall the last time I watched GMS and thought he was 100% fit though, maybe Inverness 5-0 game? I didn't see the Motherwell game a couple of weeks ago so he might have been on fire then too.

Not having a go at him at all, I think he's excellent when on form but hasn't looked himself for a couple of months in my opinion.

Fair do's, he does often seem to have that old cliche of a 'question mark over his fitness'.

Shame about Good, I would've been alot more confident if he was available.

Hi. Had a check around on the site for rules about selling tickets but can't see owt so sorry if I've missed it...

I won a pair of tickets from the Carling compo, hopefully being delivered tomorrow - main stand, Utd allocation. Of course I've already bought tickets (who counts on winning a compo) so I was looking to punt them but Gumtree has a policy of no football tickets (even though it's only illegal in England and Wales). Where's the best place to sell these? Can I advertise them here? (And has our allocation even sold out yet?) I live near Edinburgh so it's not as if there'll be many arabs in my area.

Unless he's injured or still sick (given his sub appearance on sunday that's unlikely) then there is no reason to not have GMS in the starting line-up for the final.

The only real choice in the attack is between Gauld and Dow at present. McNamara has to decide whether to take a punt on Gauld rising to the occasion and producing a performance on the level of his September to late November form when he was tearing defences apart, or go with Dow who has been far more consistent the past few months, scoring more goals than Gauld since the turn of the year (as well as having two very similar goals chalked offside, one correctly and one incorrectly) and generally been more involved in games.

I thought GMS was quietly excellent in the Motherwell 5-1 game, he barely put a foot wrong all day attacking wise and did a power of work in tracking back and helping the defence. However Armstrong, Dow and Ciftci all scored and were involved in the build up for other goals so they understandably got all the attention.

Ciftci, Robertson, Gauld and Armstrong have gotten a lot of plaudits from our fans while GMS has endured consistent accusations of being below par throughout the season which I've not agreed with. After adjusting to the change in our playing style at the startof this season, he's cut down on his flashy tricks but scored more goals than the previous two seasons and been quite reliable in creating chances and goals for others. He's managed to do that despite the fact he's playing with far more attacking and creative players and we are no longer overwhelming dependant on him to make something happen for us in open play as we were last season.

In addition to that I've been impressed in his increased willingness to get back and help cover the full backs on whichever side of the pitch he's on, although there is still room for improvement.

Hi. Had a check around on the site for rules about selling tickets but can't see owt so sorry if I've missed it...

I won a pair of tickets from the Carling compo, hopefully being delivered tomorrow - main stand, Utd allocation. Of course I've already bought tickets (who counts on winning a compo) so I was looking to punt them but Gumtree has a policy of no football tickets (even though it's only illegal in England and Wales). Where's the best place to sell these? Can I advertise them here? (And has our allocation even sold out yet?) I live near Edinburgh so it's not as if there'll be many arabs in my area.

I know their has been a few guys selling competition tickets on weareperth for discounted prices or just gave them away to someone that cant afford it. Try a united forum or if you would be willing to give them away in sure putting them up here wouldn't be an issue

A new day and a new state of mind in my cup final bi polar disorder.

Not only will GMS start he will score the first goal and set us on our way to glory.

Jackie won't tinker with anything and we win comfortably.

Tune in later when I'll be in bits again after realising who the funk Stevie May is.

I know their has been a few guys selling competition tickets on weareperth for discounted prices or just gave them away to someone that cant afford it. Try a united forum or if you would be willing to give them away in sure putting them up here wouldn't be an issue

Thanks for the suggestions. I hadn't thought about giving them away but it's a possibility. I wouldn't say I'm loaded myself but there's always someone worse off isn't there? I had to get £35 tickets as I'm not a season-ticket holder so it seemed the perfect opportunity to recoup a little of that outlay. I'd certainly consider discounting them.

Thanks for the suggestions. I hadn't thought about giving them away but it's a possibility. I wouldn't say I'm loaded myself but there's always someone worse off isn't there? I had to get £35 tickets as I'm not a season-ticket holder so it seemed the perfect opportunity to recoup a little of that outlay. I'd certainly consider discounting them.

Try United Mad. Doubt there's many people yet to buy tickets at this stage but if you knock a few quid off them you never know.

Alternatively, convert them into swan figures using the ancient Japanese practice of Origami to relieve stress when Gavin Gunning is within 10 feet of the ball.