St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wonder if another very good Parkhead display from Gomis has given McNamara something to think about? Saw Richard Winton on Twitter mentioning the possibility of playing a midfield three of Paton, Rankin and Gomis to give us an extra body in midfield, but that would surely only push Rankin into a wider area he's not familiar with, as was the case today.

Same team as the Motherwell game and I'll be relatively happy.

Six more attempted sleeps.

The first United team posted is the one I expect to see and probably the one I'd be most happy if there was some deviation from. Good surely can't come into consideration when he hasn't played in weeks and Watson over Wilson would be a stronger option. I wouldn't rule out Gauld rising to the occasion if selected ahead of Dow. Would be a huge call if McNamara changed his system.

Don't think there's any chance that barring injury we won't have the regular back five of Mannus, Mackay, Easton, Anderson and Wright, with MacLean and May in attacking areas. After that, who knows!

I'd go Mannus, Mackay, Wright, Anderson, Easton, Wotherspoon Dunne, Cregg, O'Halloran MacLean, May.

I'd continue with our high pressing high intensity game it was extremely effective in the 2-0 game against United and if they set up the same way I think the team and that style will see us win. I don't think we are a better side than United the league table show that we are not but I do feel we match up well.

I don't know much of McNamara does he vary tactics/players to counter certain threats, or does he play the same way week in week out and expect his players quality to see them through? If it's the latter and that is his approach to this game I'd be very confident we'll win this, I think United need to come up with something different to beat us or have a match winning performance from one of their many big players. I think Tommy Wright has been very impressive with setting his side up for one off games and I back him to get it right here.

Saints 2-1 United

Think St Johnstone will win this sadly. We're just complete mongs at the back.

Part of my confidence comes from how good we've become at corners and how poor you've looked defending them. That said GMS, Dow or Ciftci could turn up and win the game on their own.

sleep should come easy for me, college ,two hospital shifts and an infection control course, plenty to keep my mind occupied,but Friday night/saturday I will be bricking it, purely due to the fact the saints have had an Indian sign over us this season, not confident , but hopeful :D

I'd go Mannus, Mackay, Wright, Anderson, Easton, Wotherspoon Dunne, Cregg, O'Halloran MacLean, May.

Think I'd go for this team as well.

The two big decisions are in central midfield either chris millar or paddy cregg, and croft or spoony out wide. Think the other positions are sorted.

I hadn't been feeling the appropriate amount of excitement/nervousness for this game in the weeks since this the semi-finals. In retrospect, I think was more relieved at not only avoiding embarrassing ourselves against Sevco but also for having gotten through that game unscathed suspension-wise. In addition to that, the post split fixtures were drawing my attention away from this game too.

However, now the league's over I'm starting to get butterflies just thinking about this game. It should be an absolutely superb occasion. I don't fancy my chances of getting much sleep on friday though and the drive through to Glasgow on the bus is going to be torture on saturday. :lol:

Definitely Cregg before Millar for me. Wee Chris does a decent shift, but Paddy's nicked his shirt with his last couple of performances.

I'd like to start with Croft wide right, and sad to say Spoony on the bench.

You only ever get 60mins out of Croft, and he doesn't seem to offer much off the bench.

Spoony is more capable of upping the tempo when used as a sub.

TBF I like them all, and for once we're spoiled for choice.

JMac won't have a scooby what midfield he's facing on the day. Hopefully TW picks the right option.

Too close to call this game. Utd have the flair, we seem to have the solidity.

Edited by Hayseed

Think I'd go for this team as well.

The two big decisions are in central midfield either chris millar or paddy cregg, and croft or spoony out wide. Think the other positions are sorted.

Yeah thats how I see it. I think Wotherspoons performances over this half of the season will edge it, he's been solid and his deliveries could be crucial. I don't Croft offers as much.

I'd also have Millar ahead of Cregg, Creggs not played enough, nor performed well enough, to take the place. Although he seemed to work well with Dunne when he has played.

Can't see anything but...

Mannus

Mackay - Anderson - Wright - Easton

Wotherspoon - Millar - Dunne - O'Halloran

MacLean - May

Which I would never have predicted two months ago, O'Halloran being an absolute stick on is a surprise when you look back.

We know TW isn't afraid to change things though, so it wouldn't be a huge shock to see two or three changes from that line up

The feeling before facing The Rangers was pretty awful. Just the thought of losing to them threw my stomach.

Excited as f**k for this, obviously, and although a loss will be really shit, at least we pumped them b*****ds from Govan on their own pitch.

Edited by Waffelz

I go through moments of thinking yes we will win this, to fucking hell they will pump us! 5 working days, I'm not going to be doing much work!

This thought as well.

Concentrating on the cup final song has maybe meant that I haven't really been able to take a moment to contemplate the actual match. I've just taken a moment to contemplate it. The realisation has finally set in. We are in the Scottish Cup Final. I am absolutely shitting myself.

Pleased to see that Dundee United are back to their rightful place as 'favourites' in the P&B poll. I was feeling uncomfortable when we were on top. Now I can rest easier. Dundee United are a bigger club and a better side than us. They have finished above us in the league this season. It would be a shock if they didn't win this.

Nerves have hit me this mprning, going to be a long week.

Just another in a long line of finals for United, I'm calm as the balls on a pool table in a boat on a windless lake at two minutes to midnight on Buddhist new years eve.

Knickers will be skittered, but not right now.