St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Spence tweeting that we've sold more than 28,000 now, beating our record attendance, against Barcelona in the '60s.

Some effort, i didn't expect us to take more than we did in 2010 (which turns out was just under 28k)

Some effort, i didn't expect us to take more than we did in 2010 (which turns out was just under 28k)

Joe Rice has just tweeted we're at 27,500.

Lovely guy, and outstanding hair, but Spence doesn't half waffle some pish.

Got my ticket through. We're in the North Stand despite ordering concession tickets for the Lisbon Lions stand and paying concession prices..

I got my tickets for the North Stand too, despite mistakenly asking for the Main Stand. ????

Joe Rice has just tweeted we're at 27,500.

Lovely guy, and outstanding hair, but Spence doesn't half waffle some pish.

To be fair Spency didn't actually claim we'd sold that many yet!

As for United, the article Spency was referencing had a comment from Derek Robertson regarding the sales, "If the club can figure out a way of precisely tracking the sales..."

Says it all.

To be fair Spency didn't actually claim we'd sold that many yet!

As for United, the article Spency was referencing had a comment from Derek Robertson regarding the sales, "If the club can figure out a way of precisely tracking the sales..."

Says it all.

The article said we were on brink of breaking the 28,000 mark. Spence said we had broken it. The club later confirmed we're still at 27,500.

Spence is an excitable blether with previous.

The article said we were on brink of breaking the 28,000 mark. Spence said we had broken it. The club later confirmed we're still at 27,500.

Spence is an excitable blether with previous.

Show me where he says that!

Show me where he says that!

@bbcjimspence: @dundeeunitedfc say cup final will see biggest ever gathering of Arabs, breaking the 28.000 v Barcelona at Tannadice in 1966.

United had only said there was a 'real possibility'.

You get me, bruv?

@bbcjimspence: @dundeeunitedfc say cup final will see biggest ever gathering of Arabs, breaking the 28.000 v Barcelona at Tannadice in 1966.

United had only said there was a 'real possibility'.

You get me, bruv?

Jim Spence is directly quoting a comment from Derek Robertson, as seen in yesterday's Courier!

At no point had he said we'd broken said record.

Feel free to apologise to Spencey when you feel fit.

You get me, bruv?

Im struggling to put the numbers together.

We've sold out the Lisbon Lions stand, which holds 13,000.

We've seemingly sold out our allocation of the North Stand, which holds 27,000, minus say a thousand for segregation, half of which is 13,000.

That's 26,000.

We apparently sold out our allocation for the main stand, and we were given more than 2,000 more for the normal away fans corner. Which surely takes us over 30,000.

Have we actually not sold out the North and Lisbon Lions? Has the segregation in the North been set as a massive gaping empty space at the half way line rather than 5 to 10 rows? Did we only get 20 tickets for the main stand? Why have United been unable to track this?

Edited by banana

There have been a lot more than 1000 seats lost from segregation for one. Also lots of seats in the North and Main stand have been sold for hospitality, and other tickets go to sponsors etc

We've seemingly sold out our allocation of the North Stand, which holds 27,000, minus say a thousand for segregation, half of which is 13,000.

That's 26,000.

We apparently sold out our allocation for the main stand, and we were given more than 2,000 more for the normal away fans corner. Which surely takes us over 30,000.

Have we actually not sold out the North and Lisbon Lions? Has the segregation in the North been set as a massive gaping empty space at the half way line rather than 5 to 10 rows? Did we only get 20 tickets for the main stand? Why have United been unable to track this?

What's a ticket and how do you count it?

I think the clubs have attended a ticket counting course at the SFA!

Jim Spence is directly quoting a comment from Derek Robertson, as seen in yesterday's Courier!

At no point had he said we'd broken said record.

Feel free to apologise to Spencey when you feel fit.

You get me, bruv?

He said: There is a real prospect now of the largest ever gathering of Arabs at a match and Id urge anyone thinking about going not to delay to avoid disappointment.

That's not a direct quote.

Edit: Ian Roache in the Courier reported United were on the brink of their largest ever support. The next day Spence tweeted that United will have their largest ever support, which appeared to be an update to The Courier's piece. It wasn't, it was just Spence regurgitating Roache's story, but fucking it up semantically.

Are we at 28,001 yet so I can move on with the rest of my life?

Edited by Gibby82

Did I say good luck St Johnstone yet? I can't remember. In case I didn't, good luck St Johnstone.

Come along Dee-Man . Plenty cheap tickets now that the Carling competition winners tickets are being handed out to folk who've already bought !! More the merrier .

Bring yer sunglasses , it'll be like a stand and tan wae all they dayglo fecks .

It's just occurred to me this game will be on the BBC website right? Does it work on the iphone or is it one of those "must have flash player" things?

I reckon I could actually watch the game at the wedding with the sound down. Sure the bride won't mind.

That's 26,000.

Take that north stand capacity with a pinch of salt though.

I'm not sure how many Aberdeen actually sold there, because we had 43,000 overall but take away say 7,000 in main stand and just under 13,000 in jock stein, that leaves 23,000 sold in North stand (and remember there was no segregation) not 27,000. That figure included corporates aswell.