St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can't imagine many United fans too happy with this, especially the ones who have paid £35 for a kids tickethttp://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?tm=2&nid=4803&cd=2014

Somebody wrote on Facebook earlier that they had bought tickets for 2 adults and 3 kids at £35 each, but took them back this morning and exchanged them for the latest concession tickets (the £28/£10 ones, not the restricted view £25 ones). I'm kinda surprised they were allowed to do that, but good on them.

No info about these secret £70 hospitality packages then? A shufty at the Saints, United, SFA and Celtic websites show nothing and google brings up sold out deals from previous years. What a weird situation for a cup final.

I saw one advert of it, can't remember if it was on Twitter or what. Seems odd.

Should they?

Your fellow supporters have made a big show of complaining about the prices for the final and the relative lack of concession tickets available to them. Yet, you're advocating restricting the number of concessions available to Saints fans to HALF of what United got, just so the bottom tier looks busy for the TV cameras?

Right on, comrade.

The pricing of the tickets is down to the SFA. Wendy is clearly suggesting that it would have looked better on TV if the North Stand was full. From what I hear, so far you have only sold 1,000 out of the 4,000 allocated in the lower tier, which will look pretty crap.

I'd have liked you to sell the sections of the North, one by one, so United could've sold more North stand tickets if you couldn't sell them.

Bang on Wendy who, utter pish.

This is a recent obsession with making games look busy for the tv cameras even if it means shafting fans at the ground with poorer seats/ views. Surely that's arse for tit.

If they really want grounds to look busy for the tv cameras then why not make a big effort to actually fill it!! E.g. Pricing, promotion etc

The latest announcement from United. Why can't they tell us how many bleeding tickets they have left, and where they are? :shutup

With around 26,000 tickets sold already, a final supply of tickets has been received from the Scottish FA and these are now on sale. We have been advised that this will be our final allocation of tickets.

Director Derek Robertson praised the support shown so far and urged supporters to act now to avoid disappointment.

"There is a real prospect now of the largest ever gathering of Arabs at a match and I'd urge anyone thinking about going not to delay to avoid disappointment. Many of the tickets now received had been held back as restricted view, with some in the concession area, and will therefore be very affordable to families who may have been discouraged by full pricing. I never really thought I'd see the attendance of 2010 at a cup final repeated, never mind exceeded, but this is now distinctly possible.

"What a wonderful sight it will be for the players to walk out and see the mass tangerine army. Everyone at the Club is extremely grateful for this show of support which just might make all the difference on 17th May. "

The pricing of the tickets is down to the SFA. Wendy is clearly suggesting that it would have looked better on TV if the North Stand was full. From what I hear, so far you have only sold 1,000 out of the 4,000 allocated in the lower tier, which will look pretty crap.

I'd have liked you to sell the sections of the North, one by one, so United could've sold more North stand tickets if you couldn't sell them.

I'll agree with that if any utd fans end up without a ticket... There are still main stand tickets, and I would be happy for utd to get the south west corner beside us if it can be done... There will also be thousands of empty seats in north stand upper and you will find no saints fans objecting to these being filled by utd supporters, just leave first 3-4 rows empty.

If it ends up folk miss out on a ticket when there's 9000 empty seats then that will be a shambles. But until that actually happens, why worry about it??

I'll agree with that if any utd fans end up without a ticket... There are still main stand tickets, and I would be happy for utd to get the south west corner beside us if it can be done... There will also be thousands of empty seats in north stand upper and you will find no saints fans objecting to these being filled by utd supporters, just leave first 3-4 rows empty.

If it ends up folk miss out on a ticket when there's 9000 empty seats then that will be a shambles. But until that actually happens, why worry about it??

Main Stand tickets have gone.

South West corner is apparently home to the temp TV studio.

And the SFA have already ruled out United fans sitting above the St Johnstone ones.

I expect United to sell out by tomorrow, if not today. That'll be around 29,000. So we didn't even get half the tickets in a ground nobody expects to be full. Madness!

If they really want grounds to look busy for the tv cameras then why not make a big effort to actually fill it!! E.g. Pricing, promotion etc

Get out of here with that witchcraftery!

Utter and complete, yet expected, shambles again from the SFA if people who want to go end up without a ticket in a ground with 10,000 empty seats. Utter fckin amateurs and cretins. You can bet your left nutsack that if this were a Celtic and Rangers final then segregation issues would be solved.

Edited by banana

I don't think you should place too much stock on what you hear about how many tickets Saints have sold in the north stand.

Regardless, you can hardly advocate for United fans - specifically the elderly, the disabled and those who want to take kids - to be able to attend the game at a more affordable price while denying Saints fans the same opportunity purely because there's a risk of it looking "crap" on the telly.

Get out of here with that witchcraftery!

Utter and complete, yet expected, shambles again from the SFA if people who want to go end up without a ticket in a ground with 10,000 empty seats. Utter fckin amateurs and cretins. You can bet your left nutsack that if this were a Celtic and Rangers final then segregation issues would be solved.

Yup, whilst I don't agree with the point about selling tickets by prioritising how good it looks on tv, I agree with this. I thought the exact same thing a day or two back that they wouldn't let there be 9-10,000 empty seats at an OF final when folk were looking for tickets, just would not happen.

However, let's wait and see...

Utd supporters groups have proved to be really influential the past month or so, and if it does come to pass that they run out, then I think utd fans should mobilise a massive campaign (Internet, press, last,league game of season) to release more tickets in north stand upper, and I think you'll find many saintees will back it as well.

Hell, we'll even lend them soap on the day!!

I don't think you should place too much stock on what you hear about how many tickets Saints have sold in the north stand.

Regardless, you can hardly advocate for United fans - specifically the elderly, the disabled and those who want to take kids - to be able to attend the game at a more affordable price while denying Saints fans the same opportunity purely because there's a risk of it looking "crap" on the telly.

I'm not.

If Utd have half the north stand, all the LL stand & Main stand is that not about 35k not 27k?

No, it adds upto 29k when you account for mass empty blocks of seats for segregation and seats for sponsors etc

No info about these secret £70 hospitality packages then? A shufty at the Saints, United, SFA and Celtic websites show nothing and google brings up sold out deals from previous years. What a weird situation for a cup final.

It was the same for the semi-final, although I saw Aberdeen advertising packages on their website I'm sure. There were Saints fans in the second tier at the semi-final on these packages but clearly they are invite only or something.

There was a guy on WAP said he bought his package through Celtic though.

No, it adds upto 29k when you account for mass empty blocks of seats for segregation and seats for sponsors etc

So United have confirmed that we've sold out our allocation for the Lisbon Lions stand, the corner, and the North and lower and upper up to the half-way line?

So United have confirmed that we've sold out our allocation for the Lisbon Lions stand, the corner, and the North and lower and upper up to the half-way line?

United have confirmed very little.