St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

South Enclosure is this thread's answer to the Captain, though in a more half-witted, mono-browed sort of fashion.

He is a bitter dee, one of the worst around. Every update on the terrific ticket sales from both clubs is like a slap in the puss to him so hopefully its a sell out or close to it. Imagine being in his shoes on May 17th, with the choice of us winning the cup and going 6-5 up in the major trophy stakes or the Saints winning it and Dundee becoming even more irrelevant in Taysides footballing landscape? A stark choice and one that i hope tips that knobber over the edge :lol:

Just been to the club shop to get my ticket for the Aberdeen game next week. Lass at the counter said initial allocation almost sold out. Plenty folk girning outside that only £35 tickets are left. Hope my pal sorted mine out earlier!

How many tickets were we initially given? Because folk are saying they are nearly sold out.

Your initial allocation is 23,000 if the wee Celtic Park map a few pages is anything to go by.

So, if that is the case, the tickets have been on general sale at boths clubs for 1 day and we've sold out over half the stadium (I've seen on twitter some saying we've gone over the 10,000 mark).

Edited by Kyle

Gonna be a great day, i honestly cant wait. I hope its a top day weather wise as well. Cant beat a cup final in the sun :)

we wouldn't know :thumbsdown

Until the 17th May :thumsup2

Hearing reports that the clubs requested more tickets following todays sale, i firmly believe we will smash the 15k mark.

Your initial allocation is 23,000 if the wee Celtic Park map a few pages is anything to go by.

So, if that is the case, the tickets have been on general sale at boths clubs for 1 day and we've sold out over half the stadium (I've seen on twitter some saying we've gone over the 10,000 mark).

23,000 is right. We are able to sell a further 5,000 in the Upper North and 3,000 in the Main Stand. Finally you have the two restricted viewing corner blocks which much hold another 3,000 between them.

So around 34,000 tickets available. If we could shift that many it would be a phenomenal effort and a huge sea of Tangerine!

Today was the first day of sale, and they were meant to be just ST holders only, but it sounds like people without ST's were able to walk in and get tickets.

Thats a fucking superb start from United, utterly astounding. Having a massive wall of tangerine when they run out will surely fire them up a level, and with the news of tickets sales coming through I think I'd push them further ahead of us as favourites now.

The reported 11,000 for us is also superb, and I honestly thought we'd be struggling to get that much a couple of weeks ago. I'm now confident we can just about get 15,000 or so as I imagine it'll slow down now for us, although thats purely just feeling and no connection to how things are looking. I've not been near McDiarmid as the guy who runs the bus is getting ours, and I'll be utterly nervous until I actually see them on the 17th

As it stands the stadium is reportedly now over half full, with a reported 34k sold of a 60k stadium. If United can manage 35k or so, and we manage 15k then there would only be about 10k seats spare, and I wonder how many sponsors are getting tickets?

Thats a fucking superb start from United, utterly astounding. Having a massive wall of tangerine when they run out will surely fire them up a level, and with the news of tickets sales coming through I think I'd push them further ahead of us as favourites now.

The reported 11,000 for us is also superb, and I honestly thought we'd be struggling to get that much a couple of weeks ago. I'm now confident we can just about get 15,000 or so as I imagine it'll slow down now for us, although thats purely just feeling and no connection to how things are looking. I've not been near McDiarmid as the guy who runs the bus is getting ours, and I'll be utterly nervous until I actually see them on the 17th

As it stands the stadium is reportedly now over half full, with a reported 34k sold of a 60k stadium. If United can manage 35k or so, and we manage 15k then there would only be about 10k seats spare, and I wonder how many sponsors are getting tickets?

Not enough I.M.O. :lol:

It's really encouraging to hear these sorts of numbers. I know people are unhappy with the pricing structure but it's the Scottish Cup final and it's between two clubs whose fans aren't going to ruin it so people will respond in their numbers.