St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To be honest, that was one of his more gracious post match interviews on Saturday!

I really like Jackie as a manager, and he's done better with our group of players than I ever hoped for at the start of the season, but he really does p*ss me off with his moaning and greeting post match when we get beaten............ I long for the day when he has a nice, dignified, Stuart McCall-esque post match interview when he just admits that United were beaten by a better team on the day. Instead, we get greetin about the Ref making wrong decisions, and the pitch being bobbly, and the opposition wearing the wrong aftershave etc etc...... Similar to another fairly high profile whining manager who is classless and disrespectful of the opposition

Well it is his job he's after.

His comment about it being easier to stop than create was poor. Saints created plenty in the course of the match.

Indeed. Seeing as we had 12 shots to United's 13 (and had 4 more shots on target than United too) it's a pretty ridiculous comment to make all round.

Seen DundeeBarry in the Times Square pub before the match with some Saints fans , must've been tagging along to see what it would've been like for his grandad supporting Dundee when they were good (allegedly).

Poor lad had a terrible Michael Hutchence style wanking accident, he was out showing his war wounds off.

Edited by Fife Saint

I think I've finally caught up on tv coverage, papers and websites. My initial feeling of goodwill to one and all has diminished a tad. Time for some rambling opinions I think.

First up...Campbell Fucking Ogilvie EBT WATP. He still took prime position to hand Saints the winners medals despite him fully expecting it to be his own team after all the effort he'd put in to ensure they won it this season. I'll give him his due though. He held the tears back well, at least when the cameras were on him. Again no 'name' to build the occasion up, just one of the great anti Christs of Scottish football looking after himself and not giving a toss about anything else. he should be cringing in the shadows with shame not basking in the moment.

BUT...that wasn't enough. Who did he get to hand over the runners up medals? His wife. Mrs Campbell Fucking Ogilvie. His fucking wife. Dear God. Not even another blazer for whom it would have been a huge honour after x years of service. No, his fucking wife.

The guy has no shame what so ever. Not one, single iota.

I think I've finally caught up on tv coverage, papers and websites. My initial feeling of goodwill to one and all has diminished a tad. Time for some rambling opinions I think.

First up...Campbell Fucking Ogilvie EBT WATP. He still took prime position to hand Saints the winners medals despite him fully expecting it to be his own team after all the effort he'd put in to ensure they won it this season. I'll give him his due though. He held the tears back well, at least when the cameras were on him. Again no 'name' to build the occasion up, just one of the great anti Christs of Scottish football looking after himself and not giving a toss about anything else. he should be cringing in the shadows with shame not basking in the moment.

BUT...that wasn't enough. Who did he get to hand over the runners up medals? His wife. Mrs Campbell Fucking Ogilvie. His fucking wife. Dear God. Not even another blazer for whom it would have been a huge honour after x years of service. No, his fucking wife.

The guy has no shame what so ever. Not one, single iota.

Seriously? What the f**k has it got to do with her? Tommy Wright should have kicked her in the pie.

Dear Scottish media. Thanks for a lifetime's coverage in 4 days but lets get one thing clear...St Johnstone were deserved winners of the Scottish Cup. Full stop. Not St Johnstone were deserved winners of the Scottish Cup, but they rode their luck, but if United had taken their chances...

Yes, we had a couple of moments of luck but after far too many years of watching football, I've yet to see a ball rebound from the woodwork, hit the keeper and go in the goal at a game I've been at. I've seen it hit the woodwork and be cleared numerous times, just like what happened on Saturday. Somehow though it appears United were robbed of a goal by two pieces of ridiculously freak bad luck when the ball didn't hit Mannus and go in.

Similarly United missed all the chances to take the lead and then get back into the game. Apparently we only had one chance, Spoony's magnificent run.

Lets get a couple of things straight...United got lucky at 0-0 when Spoony's net bound shot was blocked by Gunning sticking a leg out and a ball that could have gone anywhere ended up in the keepers arms.

They were also lucky that they weren't a couple down before Dow's excellent flick. By the way, did Captain Dave get a little head flick on Robertson's cross as it headed into the box? Lucky it fell perfectly for Dow if so. Apart from Spoony's shot mentioned above, it's been overlooked that Saints missed an absolute sitter when it was still 0-0 after Spoony's corner fell to the unmarked Wright a few yards out and he just couldn't control it to repeat his Rosenborg goal. Lucky for United that it didn't fall to eg MacLean who would more than likely have buried it.

It's also been overlooked due to the spotlight on May's handball that another absolute sitter had been missed. Stevie should have buried Wright's nod on but mistimed it allowing Cierzniak to stick a hand out and luckily paw it away. The free kick that started that move came from Paton's two footed revenge lunge at Dunne would have been a straight red in any other game so instead of being 2-0 down with 10 men for the last 37 minutes United stayed only one goal behind with a full team. They could have ended up getting thumped 4 or 5 but they didn't. Lucky them.

As for the amount of patronising, condescending crap about Saints being a team of aged pro's on their last chance of a medal...dear God. I'll not start on that.

Only two media folk that I experienced spoke the truth and that one of them was Billy Dodd's sums up the rest of the one eyed cliche merchants. The other was in one of the numerous Sunday papers I read but can't remember which. They were the only ones to come out and give an unqualified 'St Johnstone deservedly won the cup as they are a good team with good players and a good manager'. No buts. Just the way it should be. The way that the vast majority of non professional media observers saw it.

PS - Talking of of patronising, condescending crap about Saints, I have yet to see a piece as bad as this. It is undoubtedly the worst piece of journalism I have ever had the misfortune to read.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/st-johnstone-fans-not-cowed-by-occasion-1-3414594

I saw Mannus got marked down by a couple of papers because Utd hit the woodwork.

Still trying to work out how that works?

I thought he was a bag of nerves early on. His wall for the free kick that hit the bar was way off line.

Not that I give a flying f**k about it now...