St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is Cierzniak off the life support machine yet?

Your club's extensive experience with life support machines would be greatly beneficial at this time. Thank you for your concern.

Also, can I just say that Sweet Caroline should be our St J anthem. It's played at every home game right? We should be singing that song 5 minutes before kick-off, scarfs held aloft, every home game. it could easily become our "Walk Alone" or "Sunshine On Leith." Can you imagine every Saintee singing that - would be class. Should organise it for the next European home game. Get a song sheet on every seat.

Edited by jamamafegan

I'm still in a bit of a daze about it all if truth be told. I just never, ever thought I'd see the day we won the Scottish Cup. I don't think it'll really sink in for a while yet.

To do it and be such worthy winners just makes it even more special. I thought Fraser Wright was immense. What a display. I'm actually glad Stevie May didn't score as it helps prove we're much more than a one man team.

Tommy Wright was brilliant. There was a quiet confidence about him all week. The wily, experienced head certainly put one over the young promising one, even telling McNamara what his team would be a couple of days before hand. He just got everything 100% spot on. And what a gentleman.

The whole day was just superb. A great atmosphere in the bars pre and post match. The United folk we met were quality, some going out of their way to congratulate us. It really was the way it should be.

Non football folk will never understand but days like this really aren't that far behind a wedding day or birth of a child when it comes to special occasions. What a day.

Also, can I just say that Sweet Caroline should be our St J anthem. It's played at every home game right? We should be singing that song 5 minutes before kick-off, scarfs held aloft, every home game. it could easily become our "Walk Alone" or "Sunshine On Leith." Can you imagine every Saintee singing that - would be class. Should organise it for the next European home game. Get a song sheet on every seat.

Holy f**k NNOOOOO !!! It's a dreadful song .

I thought Fraser Wright was immense. What a display.

Totally agree. It was only a few months ago that some of our fans were seriously suggesting we had four or five better options than Wright (and Anderson) at centre back. I think Tommy Wright sums it up best.

i3tSE8.gif

On Tommy Wright, again agree with what you said about him too. As wily as they come but then we saw that with the way he approached the Rosenborg tie with such positivity and in total contrast to the defeatist rubbish from Pat Fenlon. He did it against Minsk too and we more than had the measure of them in the only real sour point of the season. We got what we deserved at Tynecastle in February for making stupid mistakes but we were deserved much more from our European campaign. Wouldn't put it past Wright and this group of players to kick on in that competition come July and August if we get a wee bit of luck with the draw.

Radford is full is spectacular gifs today :lol:

For what it's worth, I agree with every word of that post. Scobbie and Mackay are fine deputies, but Wright and Anderson are where it's at. Both exceptional defenders first and foremost. I couldn't care less if their range of passing isn't as good as Scobbie's.

Around xmas time I would have had Wright as 4th choice centre back behind Anderson, Mackay and Scobbie. I was annoyed at him getting a new contract too as with the amount of good centre backs at the club I felt it was a waste of wage.

He's been brilliant since then though and was one of our best players in the final. And after his Ciftci baiting and post match Arab trolling he can stay till he's 50.

I believe around the same time I also said Tommy Wright would be a good but not great manager. That one I'll take back.

First post on here since the final (been a bit busy :) ). Can't add much more to what's been said really. Greatest day ever? Probably. Loved being part of it anyway. Special mention to the United fans who were very classy in defeat - unlike their manager, who needs to learn from them. Thanks for all the congratulations from other teams' fans.

The best "long weekend" of my life

So much still to do but the picture all Saints fans wanted to see is below.

banner_zps6335b745.jpg

He obviously did the ST. in the same size as CELTIC before an SFA guy told him only 2 teams were allowed in such a large font so he had to revert to the diddies size for JOHNSTONE F.C.

Wright was awful for a period around christmas and New Year, I think, and I must say I was a bit disappointed to see resigned but his form really picked up again and that past half dozen matches he has been as good as I can remember. It's almost as if Tommy Wright knows what he is doing.

Just had a look at the Sportscene highlights there and I'm purring at Wotherspoon's performance simply outstanding, he was another one who had a dip during the season after a fine start and then ended the season in top form. Also I thought Chris Millar did really well quietly going on about his business, I'm not his biggest fan and was disappointed to see him start but I can't deny how good he was even allowing for the times he cheaply gave the ball away in the first half.

Finally that Stevie May handball was hilarious I missed it at the time as all happened so quick, It should never have came to that though he should be burying that header.

He obviously did the ST. in the same size as CELTIC before an SFA guy told him only 2 teams were allowed in such a large font so he had to revert to the diddies size for JOHNSTONE F.C.

I was under the impression he got to the "J" and the realised he had no idea how to do it, and fucked up

First post on here since the final (been a bit busy :) ). Can't add much more to what's been said really. Greatest day ever? Probably. Loved being part of it anyway. Special mention to the United fans who were very classy in defeat - unlike their manager, who needs to learn from them. Thanks for all the congratulations from other teams' fans.

To be honest, that was one of his more gracious post match interviews on Saturday!

I really like Jackie as a manager, and he's done better with our group of players than I ever hoped for at the start of the season, but he really does p*ss me off with his moaning and greeting post match when we get beaten............ I long for the day when he has a nice, dignified, Stuart McCall-esque post match interview when he just admits that United were beaten by a better team on the day. Instead, we get greetin about the Ref making wrong decisions, and the pitch being bobbly, and the opposition wearing the wrong aftershave etc etc...... Similar to another fairly high profile whining manager who is classless and disrespectful of the opposition

I missed the final as I was at my mate's wedding, then was too busy watching the Pars getting humped yesterday / wallowing in self pity to congratulate St Johnstone. Have pals who support both teams but was great to see Saints do it. A well-run club who had to listen to other "diddy" team fans remind them they hadn't won either of the big two trophies ever, but finally got their day in the sun. By all accounts, was well-deserved too.

I remember being in Belgium to see the end of Craig Levein's tenure as Scotland boss and, in the fanzone at the ground before the game, our group got chatting with a bunch of older women from Perth (cue some jokes or other!). All Saints diehards who follow them religiously home and away. I have to admit I thought back to that night in Brussels as they were great banter, and also to the last time we played Saints (a 3-1 horsing in Perth when we got relegated) and the group of Saints fans in the 208 before and after. Genuinely a great bunch to have a natter about the fitba' with. Hope they all had a brilliant weekend.

And it's very refreshing to see a new name lift the cup. Commiserations to United of course, but well done the Saints. Tommy Wright would be my choice for manager of the year without question.

I still can't believe it.

Watched the highlights three times today, the full 4hours yesterday and I'm still welling up at each goal.

My only disappointment is not making it through to Perth. Auchterarder was a fine substitute though, even Jim Spence joined the party for a while. An absolute gent.

Off again tomorrow, so probably another watch of the full game then back to normality.

I want to do it again.

I thought McNamara was pretty respectful in defeat which can't always be said for him.