St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Excuse me...has anybody found any days? I've just lost a couple.

I lost 3 days a couple of years ago,my wife was able to tell me what I'd done with them,in clear and concise detail :-(

Maybe ask you're wife,maybe!

I called that in Trondheim by the way *Smug face*

A lot of good things about the past few days not sure how you go about mentioning them all! I was confident we'd win the cup from the moment United got their third against Rangers but even I was tense in that second half despite us playing better.

I think the one thing I would like to mention is how likeable a group of players and staff we have and just how much they seem to love playing for each other, the manager and the club, you don't get the sense that anyone is looking beyond St.Johnstone which is a great feeling.

On the downside it might have been nice to see the trophy being lifted and not the back of a podium even the big screen was blocked by that daft balloon a minor gripe though as I though everything else was handled really well all day.

Yeah, thing is he's not aggressive in the slightest and is by all accounts a very passive guy, so he's never going to actually get wound up back. He's brilliant.

Ohh and as for defenders doing fancy flicks in their own half. Did you not see Dave Mackay's outrageous drag back on the byline that completely bamboozled, Robertson I think. I was in stitches, but if he's buggered it up!!!

While not disagreeing completely he did seem to be a little uptight when he battered the ball of Ciftci's head when he had just won a free kick.

What an amazing couple of days. Think its just about set in what has happened.

Thought the whole team were terrific, in particular the back 4. Millar was brilliant as well. The work rate of everyone though was amazing.

Not sure I really enjoyed the game, was a bit of a wreck from 1-0 up to the last few minutes. Full time was a complete relief.

Also was great seeing Perth like it was yesterday. Not enough days like that.

The guy behind me seemed weirdly angry at Stuart Armstrong. He called him a "useless c**t" about 90 seconds into the game, and carried on from there.

That same guy along from my dad at Tannadice. Complete c**t.

First congratulations to Saints. At least we got put out by the eventual winners.

Seem contrasting posts on here about the United fans. You'll always get some idiots on occasions like these, but both United and Saints fans have seemed absolutely class whenever we've played them. Back in 2010 when United beat us in the semi-final, their fans were very gracious in winning saying that they wished us all the best for the rest of the season.

Also, has there ever been a more sour club than Dundee? Quite funny that they're trying to rip into United who've achieved so much more over the last 30 years.

Also, has there ever been a more sour club than Dundee? Quite funny that they're trying to rip into United who've achieved so much more over the last 30 years.

You have to feel for them. If there was any club they didn't want to have to support against United, it was Saints. It hurts them that we've been so much more successful on the pitch since we swapped leagues in 1990 but they always had the claim that we'd never won anything. Even that has gone now. Never mind though, they still get bigger crowds. Lucky them.

Met loads of United fans after the game. Every single one was nothing but decent and said we deserved it. It was the same after we played Aberdeen in the semi final.

I've never had so many texts and best wishes. It's genuinely really taken me aback. Still stunned and not been a productive day at work, counting down the hours so can go and watch it again.

Scottish football can be a fabulous place. I think the weekend proved that.

I remember reading some posters saying that O'Halloran was the worst player they'd seen play for Scotland u21s. Ridiculous. He's a fantastic player - a real gem of a signing from Wright.

I think that was me. He was absolutely dreadful when he played for Scotland U21, so I'm not going to retract that opinion.

He has clearly improved a great deal since joining Saints though - he has been excellent any time I've seen him this season. A massive upgrade on Hasselbaink due to his consistency.

I think that was me. He was absolutely dreadful when he played for Scotland U21, so I'm not going to retract that opinion.

He has clearly improved a great deal since joining Saints though - he has been excellent any time I've seen him this season. A massive upgrade on Hasselbaink due to his consistency.

I can't remember if it was yourself or not, but the man we've signed is certainly not the man described.

Having said that, he's been given a freedom to drift along the front line for Saints and hasn't been our focal point. That's probably helped him a great deal as I'm not sure he's designed for that kind of role. Really chuffed we've got him tied down for next year - I'd go as far as to say I'd like to see him get tied down for longer now.