St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Colin Murray played both cup final songs on TalkSport this morning, according to some boy on United Mad. Apparently the United number came out on top.

Sorry TRS. If it helps, Colin Murray used to play the Darkness on his old Radio 1 show, so the guy is obviously a cloth-eared simpleton.

The song unfortunately got slaughtered as being a dirge that was all about a woman rather than football. They preferred singing along to poor covers of cheesy 70's songs. It was actually Perry Groves and Sam Matterface that were the critics. To say the whole thing went over their heads is an understatement.

In fairness to Murray he said it was unfair to judge it on a clip and that you could write off Sunshine On Leith on only hearing a few seconds of it. He then said he liked the snippet he'd heard so I wouldn't really blame him.

As I type the've just chosen their cup winners and Groves has changed to Saints due to 'mega honey' Eve Muirhead being a fan whilst Bob Mills has also gone for Saints thanks to Tommy Wright's Ardiles story. Murray's gone United I think so he is a c**t after all.

In bits here, must have checked the clock a dozen times in the last hour.

Was exactly the same four years ago and this is my 6th cup final (87, 88, 91, 94, 2010) lost the first three but on a 20 year winning streak now!

We've no lost one in 130 years mate :P

proxy.jpg?t=HBgtaHR0cDovL3N0YXRpYy5vdy5s

Too far. Far too far.

She looks like she could comfortably accommodate both teams....

Nervous as everyone else about tomorrow. The only thing I will say is that this would be one of the few occasions where I would only be 98.7% gutted if we lose - it would be good for the St Johnstone fans to win one finally and seal the title of the 'proper' Saints in Scottish football.

I hope we can get somewhere sorted for pre-match drinks - apparently our potential destination has fallen through due to licensing issues :thumbsdown

I hear Broxden roundabout is covered in Saints flags. Hope that riles up the Arabs as they pass!

From the pics it's just a couple of scarves and a home made banner. Nothing major.

Apologies Arabs, but I'll be cheering on St Johnstone on Saturday.

United are one of the few Premier Scottish teams I have never hated, but the same goes for St Johnstone.

I still remember the class their fans showed after we beat them in the semi final a few years ago and I think it would be nice to see a new name on the old trophy.

In saying that, I'll not be gutted if United win.

From the pics it's just a couple of scarves and a home made banner. Nothing major.

Seems the council have been busy with the cherrypicker this morning.....................

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=776952538995815&set=a.421561537868252.100804.182490198442055&type=1&relevant_count=1

Colin Murray played both cup final songs on TalkSport this morning, according to some boy on United Mad. Apparently the United number came out on top.

Sorry TRS. If it helps, Colin Murray used to play the Darkness on his old Radio 1 show, so the guy is obviously a cloth-eared simpleton.

The song unfortunately got slaughtered as being a dirge that was all about a woman rather than football. They preferred singing along to poor covers of cheesy 70's songs. It was actually Perry Groves and Sam Matterface that were the critics. To say the whole thing went over their heads is an understatement.

In fairness to Murray he said it was unfair to judge it on a clip and that you could write off Sunshine On Leith on only hearing a few seconds of it. He then said he liked the snippet he'd heard so I wouldn't really blame him.

As I type the've just chosen their cup winners and Groves has changed to Saints due to 'mega honey' Eve Muirhead being a fan whilst Bob Mills has also gone for Saints thanks to Tommy Wright's Ardiles story. Murray's gone United I think so he is a c**t after all.

Ach, I've become accustomed to non-constructive negativity over the past few weeks (not much at all, but there's always going to be a few who don't like it). I take as much notice of Groves and Matterface's opinions as I do of any Saints supporters who initially said it was shite and they could only listen to half of the song, before later listening to the full thing and saying they loved it. Or the ones who initially said it was 'brutal' but have now sent me messages to apologise and tell me they love it. A lot of fitba fans just love to exaggerate. I appreciate any constructive criticism and bear no ill feeling to those who genuinely don't like the song or are disappointed because it isn't what they expected. :D

Last bit of spam from me! Obviously, if you want to get the song downloaded before the cup final, there's not much time left now! 'The Shrugs - Fair Maid' is available on iTunes, Amazon, GooglePlay and http://theshrugsdundee.bandcamp.com/

We have been informed that the song will be played at Celtic Park tomorrow if (fingers crossed) Saints were to win the game. Not going to tempt fate though. Dundee United are bookies' favourites.

But if you want to learn the words in advance of tomorrow, you can find the lyric video here -

All the best! Thanks to you all. Let's do this. COYS.

Although I would obviously be gutted to lose tomorrow, I'll drown my sorrows and the next morning will not mind at all seeing and reading the celebrations of the Saints fans. They don't come across as a bunch who will come on here full of "GIRFUY" etc, although saying this obviously guarantees that I will get one specifically directed at me.

Having confirmed that nowhere in Jakarta is going to have it on live I am resigned to watching it on SkyGo tomorrow.

The rather larger complication is that my wife is due our 2nd child right about now...I have no doubt that it will arrive at some point tomorrow night. I have tried to explain the importance of the game and she has given it a 10% importance compared to the birth...I have bargained it up from there! The baby is for life she said, I have been waiting for this for 35 years and may never see it again I replied. My ultimate dream is for a Saints win and a healthy baby all in one night (alternatively, she could cross her legs and wait til Sunday)

When I innocently asked her what she thought of the name May for a girl she seemed positive, then suspicious, when I explained she said it wasn't happening!

I will be in pieces watching this, I was at the 2 games vs Rangers in 89, the 2-1 vs United whenever that was, etc.

Have a great time everybody who is going and remember that there willl\ be people all across the world watching and wishing they could be there! COYS

Absolutely bricking it.

I'd say the United fans on here have been nothing but reasonable about the game and seem as nervous as any of us about it.

Having said that I just can't picture us lifting the trophy and have lingering fear we will be three nil down after ten minutes. United have players that have been in a cup final and won it; that might turn out to be the key difference. I'm always pessimistic about Saints games, just the way it is. But winning the Scottish Cup? Us? Really?

Our 2010 Final side....

Pernis - left in 2012

Dillon - played LB in 2010 Final, filling in for injured Dixon (who left in 2012), likely but not certain starter at CB tomorrow

Webster - left in 2010

Kenneth - left in 2012

Kovacevic - left in 2010

Gomis - left in 2011, returned and wont start

Buaben - left in 2011

Swanson - left in 2012

Conway - left in 2011

Daly - left in 2013

Goodwillie - left in 2011, returned this season but left again in January

subs

Watson - came on for last few mins with game won, likely but not certain starter at RB tomorrow

Scott Robertson - left in 2012

David Robertson - left in 2011

I can't picture us winning it either btw, seems too good to be true for us to win the big cup twice in 4 years and Saints going for trophy number one under Wright have had our number, can't see you going 5 games without a win either

finalday.jpg

Agree with others saying that while I would obviously be gutted at not winning, it'll have been the least gutted I'll have felt after a final, knowing how long the Saints fans will have waited for something like this.

Unless you guys hump us. Then you can f**k right off :P

Oh, and obviously, getting nervous as all hell now.