St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jees we,ve suddenly got 14,000 fans - is this good or bad, Im not sure??

Just hope Im not sitting behind two biddies wondering which team which.

Hope I enjoy the day but Im doubtful....

Yeah part of me knew I'd enjoy the second Semi more than the first due to the fact there was less fans going, as I knew it would be a different atmosphere. In the first the "day trippers" seemed to give up the ghost and the whole stand became deflated early on, yet in the second one there was more fight in there, and it helped the team I reckon.

If everybody whos coming gets involved and supports the team it'll be one of the best experiences of my life, theres just this nagging feeling it'll be similar to the Minsk game, in which the usual suspects sing their hearts out while everyone else just sits there without much attachment to those wearing the colours. I'm pretty much always wrong though, so theres always that

If everybody whos coming gets involved and supports the team it'll be one of the best experiences of my life, theres just this nagging feeling it'll be similar to the Minsk game, in which the usual suspects sing their hearts out while everyone else just sits there without much attachment to those wearing the colours. I'm pretty much always wrong though, so theres always that

Seems like there is a completely new level of buzz for this game and all things St Johnstone. As a long time supporter, through the good times and the bad times, its great to see ....

Seems like there is a completely new level of buzz for this game and all things St Johnstone. As a long time supporter, through the good times and the bad times, its great to see ....

Yeah I know, but at some point of this Final we'll have a low period and I think it would make a huge difference to the result if the fans got right behind the players at that point. Throughout the whole time I've been going its always made a difference when we make noise to support the team. I just worry some people without much attachment won't be as willing to give that sort of support.

As I say Im usually wrong, and I don't any experience of how neutrals react in Finals

I actually thought there was a fantastic atmosphere at that game. McDiarmid gets flack for being a soulless lego dome or whatever but that's mainly due to it being less than a 1/3 full most weeks, when it's nearing capacity i think it's one of the best grounds in the SPL for generating noise. I had to sit in the north stand due to the east and Ormond being sold out that night and it seemed like a good portion of the stand were getting right behind the team despite most of them only being casual fans. Suppose the real difference was at the end, i slumped into my chair "on the verge of tears" if you will and one of the casuals that came along with us just sort of brushed it of with a "nevermind" as it obviously didn't mean as much to him, he still knew plenty of the songs however so i wouldn't worry about people not getting involved.

I actually thought there was a fantastic atmosphere at that game. McDiarmid gets flack for being a soulless lego dome or whatever but that's mainly due to it being less than a 1/3 full most weeks, when it's nearing capacity i think it's one of the best grounds in the SPL for generating noise. I had to sit in the north stand due to the east and Ormond being sold out that night and it seemed like a good portion of the stand were getting right behind the team despite most of them only being casual fans. Suppose the real difference was at the end, i slumped into my chair "on the verge of tears" if you will and one of the casuals that came along with us just sort of brushed it of with a "nevermind" as it obviously didn't mean as much to him, he still knew plenty of the songs however so i wouldn't worry about people not getting involved.

Yeah I was right in the midst of the scoreboard end of fans (not my usual spot I might add, I usually sit nearer the middle) and from there it seemed fairly quiet at other areas throughout the game. Felt like it was only us singing in extra time aswell. I appreciate it might be purely the perception I got from where I was.

Think I'm just worrying needlessly though. I won't be at another game until the Final, and Im away on "holiday" on Wednesday morning until Saturday night, the realisation that it'll be under 7 days until the Final when I return from that trip is fucking terrifying me

It may seem utterly arrogant, but I honestly believe that who wins the final will be down to which United team turn up. If it's the team say that beat Inverness 5-0 in the quarters, for example (the team that has scored 4/5 goals 12 times this season) we will win, but if it's the team that drew 1-1 yesterday, that has been stuck in second gear all too often, we will lose.

When we have been on song we have been unstoppable.

Another example, if we played like we played against Rangers, we will probably lose.

Edited by ArabFC

I'm not entirely sure how else they could segregate it to give us 20k tickets?

I believe the north stand can only be segregated down the middle.

The turnstiles for the north lower are at the North west corner for st johnstone fans, same with the exit gates, the turnstiles and exit gates for the north upper are all away along the north stand concourse ( Janefield Street ), could easily put a temporary fence at the north west corner.

The only question is will they let the United fans in the North Upper above st johnstone fans? they let Celtic fans sit in the main stand upper when Hibs handed back a few hundred tickets, they did leave the first few rows empty though.

It may seem utterly arrogant, but I honestly believe that who wins the final will be down to which United team turn up. If it's the team say that beat Inverness 5-0 in the quarters, for example (the team that has scored 4/5 goals 12 times this season) we will win, but if it's the team that drew 1-1 yesterday, that has been stuck in second gear all too often, we will lose.

When we have been on song we have been unstoppable.

Another example, if we played like we played against Rangers, we will probably lose.

It's very arrogant. It's massively disrespectful to Saints to say if that we turn up then we'll win. You just can't ignore our head to head record this season as it shows we haven't turned up against them in the majority of our games this season.

After our 4-0 win at the beginning of this season, St. Johnstone have kept three clean sheets in a row against us. Nobody would argue that we were at our best in those games but we've won at times this season or at the very least managed to score whilst being well below our best. However they know how to deal with us as an attacking threat, while Stevie May has scored five times in four games against us this season and our defence since the turn of the year, even including the games we've been on song for, has only kept one clean sheet.

I would agree though that if we play like we did against Sevco then Saints will have little trouble containing our attackers and our defence will inevitably buckle to MacLean and/or May. If we play like we did against Motherwell last week then we'll have a good chance of winning although there is no way St. Johnstone will defend nearly as badly as 'Well did at Tannadice.

It's very arrogant. It's massively disrespectful to Saints to say if that we turn up then we'll win. You just can't ignore our head to head record this season as it shows we haven't turned up against them in the majority of our games this season.

Well that's kinda the point, St Johnstone seem pretty consistent. United on the other hand, well, you never know which team is going to turn up, and they haven't against St Johnstone too often this season.

Over 10K raised in less than 12 hours. Some effort.

That this will buy less than 300 kids tickets is a scandal.

I don't have a problem with it.

It would be great if everyone was let in free, but I don't think £35 is excessive for a ticket, regardless of whether an adult, child or plant pot sits in the seat.

In context with other sporting events it's not bad, for example the absolute cheapest concession price for the FA Cup final is £35, and majority of tickets are much more expensive than that.....

The FA Cup Final remains extremely competitive in terms of ticket prices

Tickets for The FA Cup Final are on sale through both Manchester City and Wigan Athletic.
The prices start at £45 and are also available at £65, £85 and £115, with a £10 discount off the ticket price for concessions.
Ticket prices for The Final have been frozen since 2011 and The FA Cup remains extremely competitive in terms of ticket prices compared to other major football competitions.

It would be great if everyone was let in free, but I don't think £35 is excessive for a ticket, regardless of whether an adult, child or plant pot sits in the seat.

In context with other sporting events it's not bad, for example the absolute cheapest concession price for the FA Cup final is £35, and majority of tickets are much more expensive than that.....

You might have a problem with it if you were going and also taking your wife and 2 or 3 kids.

Yesterday's Welsh Cup Final prices were Adult £8, Senior Citizens £5, Under 16's £1. See, I can do ridiculous comparisons too.

I don't mind paying £35 for an adult ticket. But just because it 'compares to other sporting events' doesn't mean that it is right does it? £35 for children is obscene and it is a joke that fans are expected to shell out that sum of money for child tickets.

Edited by stumigoo

My arse has begun twitching at the mere sight of "Cup Final". I'll be a fucking wreck this time next week

My arse has begun twitching at the mere sight of "Cup Final". I'll be a fucking wreck this time next week

I heard someone mention a cup final In relation to a youth tournament and felt like I was gonna spew, I'm not looking forward to the night before

I heard someone mention a cup final In relation to a youth tournament and felt like I was gonna spew, I'm not looking forward to the night before

It ridiculous really, considering its still technically about two weeks away, but its unstoppable. I wasnt able to sleep the night before the Semi, and spent the whole bus journey feeling sick. Going to the pub before this Final might not be the best idea really