Fargo (TV series)

Mr. Brightside

Ah Jeez.

Will be interesting to see where they go with this, seeing as they've already deviated from the main plot on the film.

At first I thought Billy Bob Thornton's character was different take on Steve Bucemi's one in the film, but after seeing the trailer for the next episode, I am starting to think he's an entirely new one altogether.

I watched the movie a few weeks back and thought it was OK. Don't see what the whole slavering adulation is about. Liked this show a lot more. Different story, different characters.

Usually I can't stand Billy Bob Thornton. The name usually puts me off a movie, but he really, really stole the show in this. The little practical jokes - phoning the guy's son, the gas tank - had me laughing a lot.

Anybody watch this?

On again tonight, I thought last weeks was brilliant once I got past Martin Freeman's american accent.

Billy bob Thornton was as captivating as usual.

Still had the coens brothers flavour to it.

Loved billy bobs characters view on life and the effect it had on Freeman's character. Mental

Edited by a1974h

I thought Freeman sounded Canadian

Watch the film, and you will see the accents are identical. Also in HIMYM Marshall's family are from Minnesota and also their accents are similar although more parodied for comic effect.

I thought the first episode was brilliant. Second episode was not quite as good but very enjoyable. I think both Martin Freeman (almost typed Morgan) and Billy Bob Thornton have been excellent thus far. I think Billy Bob is very under rated and is brilliant playing dead pan, which is needed for a dark comedy. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the series.

I think it is quite interesting that actors have to turn to TV to get better roles these days, due to Hollywood looking to finance reboots and franchises only. The small independent character driven roles seems to be wanted by everyone, and good actors without super bankability are looking to pick up pay cheques from TV. Also I think TV companies are more likely to take creative risks.