Fargo (TV series)

Mr. Brightside

Really enjoyed the series. I feared that they were running out of steam but the ten-year jump added another dimension to the show. Billy Bob Thonton was excellent throughout although I'm still trying to figure out how he learned dentistry in only six months. Freeman was also terrific and is building quite the reputation across the pond.

Like True Detective, I'm not quite sure how they could get another series - perhaps a prequel featuring the gang from Fargo and Malvo's exploits beforehand but as mentioned on this thread, the producers seem to have discounted that already.

True Detective is going to be a whole new story, probably not even the same place, so that should be fine and dandy.

If they decide not to do the same world as the last season/movie, then I can see how a Fargo would go forward with just different stories going forward. Naw sure how it'd work otherwise though. They did say that they would have it as a new start if they went forward with it.

Really enjoyed the series. I feared that they were running out of steam but the ten-year jump added another dimension to the show. Billy Bob Thonton was excellent throughout although I'm still trying to figure out how he learned dentistry in only six months. Freeman was also terrific and is building quite the reputation across the pond.

Like True Detective, I'm not quite sure how they could get another series - perhaps a prequel featuring the gang from Fargo and Malvo's exploits beforehand but as mentioned on this thread, the producers seem to have discounted that already.

1 year jump I thought?

One of the telly highlights of the year

A guy at work told me not to bother as he thought the first episode was pish, so I won't be listening to his recommendations again

A great ending but the scene in the lift was the most shocking of the series and the two wee fannies with the crossbows had me in stitches

A prequel would be good, Malvo must have one hell of a backstory

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's good they are getting a new cast. It will be a completely new scenario and having the same cast would be a bit weird I think.

Works for American Horror Story!!!

• 3 months later...

Just finished this. Great final episode. Thought the FBI boys were pretty shite characters but other than that it was just about perfect. Molly is some girl. Also got me thinking how good a drama like this set in the Highlands could be if it was done properly.

• 2 months later...

Finished Fargo. Enjoyed it almost as much as I have any show. Fantastic.

Looking forward to seeing what they do with season 2.

For now, we've still got the weekly fix of Modern Family to look forward to - I might get my teeth into another series (Deadwood, Oz season 2, the last few episodes of Battlestar Galactica, Parks and Recreation), but might not be worthwhile with returns for Game of Thrones, Justified and the like on the horizon.

• 1 month later...

On episode 7 just now so things are starting to get really serious. I'm loving it so much.

The part in episode 6 when Lester pulls the hammer our from the fish poster is marvellous.

The part in episode 7 about Lester's plan for his brother and him telling the police officer is a sublime performance from Freeman.