Fargo (TV series)

Mr. Brightside

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 29/06/2021 at 23:24, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Really struggling with this series, doesn't seem to have the same feel as the last 3 and none of the characters are really grabbing me

I agree with this except i didn't struggle with it. Quite enjoyed it, better than average telly by a long way. But it didn't feel like a Fargo. 

It was too much about the gangsters.

The "little guy" character has previously been the focus, and esmerelda or whatever her name was felt shoehorned in and peripheral. 

The main cop is usually much more folksy and has had their domestic story as a main plot device too. Deafy was just too cool. 

I did like the nurse and outlaw characters a lot (as characters, i'm not a psychopath) but the gang dynamics within and between the gangs didn't feel right. 

I gave up half way through series 4. Sad really as I was looking forward to this a lot. But just couldn't bring myself to keep watching.

There is something strange with the photography of the show as well, it's like there is a smoke machine in every room giving the show a hazy, blurry look.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
8 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Finished the new series, I liked it but I'm not sure how much I liked it and I can't really put my finger on why.

Did anyone spot the link to previous Fargo series? Was there one?

I loved it. Thought it was superb and the ending was brilliantly unsettling, heartwarming and endearing all at the same time.

And aside from the obvious

Spoiler

Munch being a 500 year old supernatural entity which links into the other mad happenings like UFOs and Ghosts popping up

then there is nothing I saw that directly linked the series though for some reason the cancer patient did give me a strange feeling of familiarity but maybe not from Fargo.

On 18/01/2024 at 13:45, houston_bud said:

Finished the new series, I liked it but I'm not sure how much I liked it and I can't really put my finger on why.

Did anyone spot the link to previous Fargo series? Was there one?

Yeah, I enjoyed it, but not sure it has the same rewatchability of the first three series. Didn't notice any links but there were a number of similarites or downright copying from the film -- a famous line of dialogue, a death scene, a kidnapping gone wrong, a kids name -- off the top of my head.

There was also a very odd out of nowhere musical choice I thought in episode 9.