Peaches Geldof Dead

Put another site into meltdown for making a joke about this.

Apparently an immediate member of her family might be reading a forum about Dunfermline football club tonight.

Sick of this fake tag a long grief bus that we're all supposed to jump on every time a celeb dies.

Who supported me when I found out my best friend choked on his own vomit and died last year?

Suddenly an outpouring of grief for someone you didn't know? Total BS.

My cousin died of a heroin overdose last year and I doubt I would have been too happy seeing someone make a joke about him.

If folk have nothing positive to say about someone dying then its better left unsaid in my opinion.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My cousin died of a heroin overdose last year and I doubt I would have been too happy seeing someone make a joke about him.

If folk have nothing positive to say about someone dying then its better left unsaid in my opinion.

She's definitely dead!

Put another site into meltdown for making a joke about this.

Apparently an immediate member of her family might be reading a forum about Dunfermline football club tonight.

Sick of this fake tag a long grief bus that we're all supposed to jump on every time a celeb dies.

Who supported me when I found out my best friend choked on his own vomit and died last year?

Suddenly an outpouring of grief for someone you didn't know? Total BS.

:lol::thumsup2

http://dafc.info/forum/read.php?f=7&i=740930&t=740930

I hope people didn't say positive things about your cousin dying. That would be awful.

That's probably true. I normally don't mind a bit of faux grief, though - a lot of people identify with folk that are in the public eye for many reasons.

This one, though? Compare it the death of Margot McDonald, who actually seemed to be trying to make a positive contribution to the community.

I learned of the death of Peaches Geldof through Facebook, where this daft bint I know was posting 'shocked, rest in peace,' etc - I just thought to myself "Why? Why would anyone who didn't know this woman personally care? She had done nothing of interest or merit as far as most of us know.

It's a shame when people die - especially for those who know them.

This one, though? Compare it the death of Margot McDonald, who actually seemed to be trying to make a positive contribution to the community.

spoton.png

Is it a sad situation that two kids have lost their mother? Obviously yes.

Does anyone taking to a public forum like here or social media to express their grief actually give one iota of f**k? Nope.

That's probably true. I normally don't mind a bit of faux grief, though - a lot of people identify with folk that are in the public eye for many reasons.

I learned of the death of Peaches Geldof through Facebook, where this daft bint I know was posting 'shocked, rest in peace,' etc - I just thought to myself "Why? Why would anyone who didn't know this woman personally care? She had done nothing of interest or merit as far as most of us know.

It's a shame when people die - especially for those who know them.

Yep, margo, you could see why people were genuinely upset even though they didn't know her personally she has done so much for local communities and causes.

I do feel sad for her kids and family but it's just a passing thought and I don't feel more than that because I never met her or had any connection to her work.

Social media is a bad thing and is now telling us how we should all act and grieve.

I remember growing up at school, just about the day or hours after someone famous died there was a joke about it.

Suddenly after Diana it all changed into attention seeking strangeness.

Followed by the equally tedious angry posts asking "why is this a big news story when people die all the time in Iraq/Africa/Middlesbrough and nobody reports it?".

And not a single f**k was given. People die all the time, why should her death be more upsetting or sad than anyone elses...

:mellow:

Is it a sad situation that two kids have lost their mother? Obviously yes.

Does anyone taking to a public forum like here or social media to express their grief actually give one iota of f**k? Nope.

Indeed.

I can sort of understand it when it's a person whose work has touched/moved you or where there's been some kind of emotional attachment.

I was actually proper gutted when Beefheart died - George Harrison too - never met them, and they probably wouldn't have given me the time of day - but I fucking love their music, and it means a lot to me.

I'm not really making a very good point here - maybe just that, in order to be missed, you probably need to have done something that people will miss you for.

Peaches Geldof's family and friends will miss her for their own reasons. It's a shame that she died so young, and that her bairns are left without a maw.

Yep, margo, you could see why people were genuinely upset even though they didn't know her personally she has done so much for local communities and causes.

I do feel sad for her kids and family but it's just a passing thought and I don't feel more than that because I never met her or had any connection to her work.

Social media is a bad thing and is now telling us how we should all act and grieve.

I remember growing up at school, just about the day or hours after someone famous died there was a joke about it.

Suddenly after Diana it all changed into attention seeking strangeness.

The death of Diana was definitely a turning point - and I agree that the grief addiction is a horrible trend for our society.

But why is the choice between grieving or making a joke?

This always strikes me as a bit strange. I am in no way grieving or even care really - but I don't understand folk's desire to make jokes about these things. Why is that in any way a normal or defensible thing to do?

Archived