Peaches Geldof Dead

We're on the piss taking section of a football forum where all sorts of rubbish gets spouted, going by the general tone here, a death is fair game. Its the double standards that get me, some seem 'fair game' but could you imagine if say Alex Salmond died and some started to rip the piss ? It was like the sick joke section in NSFW, every now and then there would be someone outraged at certain jokes, "you can joke about A, B, C but not D, 'I' find that offensive !"

I would suggest that at the least, if someone joking about a death offends you I'd stay clear of that thread, probably the Gen Nonsense forum in total or even P & B all together. I'm not tying to be flip but theres loads of different forums out there and if this one got more 'PC' I'd probably look for one that fitted my personal outlook.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is ofcourse sad the someones died and two young children have lost a mother, but it is in no way first item material on the 6 o'clock news, tbh she will be most remembered by the photos of her dropping her babies pram( with said baby inside) and paying more attention to her phonecall. She was a nonentity to me when she was alive and will continue to be that way

I must have missed that. And her TV career.

It is very sad that her family has lost her, but she was a celebrity for being the daughter of other celebrities. Perhaps it indicates just how shallow the news when they choose to run with this as the top item.

I must have missed that. And her TV career.

It is very sad that her family has lost her, but she was a celebrity for being the daughter of other celebrities. Perhaps it indicates just how shallow the news when they choose to run with this as the top item.

This stuff all started with Jesus Christ. If his father wasn't God no-one would've given a shit.

This stuff all started with Jesus Christ. If his father wasn't God no-one would've given a shit.

I don't want to stray too far into theology but at no point in any of the Gospels I've read does it mention Jesus being a junkie shitbag

I've not read Luke though. It might be in there

I don't want to stray too far into theology but at no point in any of the Gospels I've read does it mention Jesus being a junkie shitbag

Judging by what they claimed to witness him doing, I think it was everyone else who was on drugs.

The death of Diana was definitely a turning point - and I agree that the grief addiction is a horrible trend for our society.

But why is the choice between grieving or making a joke?

This always strikes me as a bit strange. I am in no way grieving or even care really - but I don't understand folk's desire to make jokes about these things. Why is that in any way a normal or defensible thing to do?

It's obviously a coping mechanism for the grief they are unable to express. F***'s sake, man, that shouldn't need pointed out...

Until yesterday, I didn't have a clue what she did. Just knew the name as i) daughter of Bob and ii) sticks in the mind because it's a daft one.

Slow news day material but this belonged in that shitey 60 sec showbiz update bit, not headline news.

Celebrity dies: joke away

Footballer dies: OMG RESPECT RIP

I don't care for Peaches Geldof and won't shed a tear but it's sad that two wee kids will grow up without a mother. If only she had been a football fan or managed one of the Home Nations.

Yep, woe betide you if you make a remark about a dead footballer/manager on here, but dead celebs, and pretty much anyone else, appear to be fair game.

It is ofcourse sad the someones died and two young children have lost a mother, but it is in no way first item material on the 6 o'clock news, tbh she will be most remembered by the photos of her dropping her babies pram( with said baby inside) and paying more attention to her phonecall. She was a nonentity to me when she was alive and will continue to be that way

There was talk on the radio this morning about Twitter posts from fans...

Fans of what? What did she do?

In terms of hyperbolic grief reaction, the Mirror showbiz guy's contribution to Five Live will struggle to be beaten.

I genuinely thought he was going to cry. I think he used "the world is in shock..." Mmmm... not really.

f**k all. Appeared on this morning a few times. Definetely changed so many lives and peoples perspective on such matters as "'are yogurt and yogurt based drinks the same thing?" And ofcourse "Should orphans be sold to raise money for trident?" A maverick of the mind.

In terms of hyperbolic grief reaction, the Mirror showbiz guy's contribution to Five Live will struggle to be beaten.

I genuinely thought he was going to cry. I think he used "the world is in shock..." Mmmm... not really.

i was certainly fairly surprised. Maybe thats what he meant

He hung about with prostitutes and supplied poor folk with a shit lot of wine. Maybe not a junkie but he was very likely a dealer...

Fans of drug addled orgies?

Archived