"pay what you can" season ticket

Well played Albion Rovers. Myself and the wee fella got in for a tenner last week, and I made sure I thanked one of the Albion Rovers directors. Compare that to the shocking 17 quid and 18 quid at montrose and Clyde respectively....

At the shire kids pay their age in pounds for a season ticket, which means my boy Joel gets to see all the home games for less than one trip to Broadwood or links park. Some clubs need to get a grip...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will be an ceiling on how many season tickets they can sell, as i'm sure they will still want fans to be able to pay at the gate on match days. If they do sell the entire capacity, they literally can't let anyone else in, cash or not, so i'm sure there will be an allocation and a first come/first serve or raffle after existing season ticket holders renew or not.

It's worth a punt. I'd be most interested to see what kind of money they generate from that compared to what they've had season ticket wise since they've been down with us crowd this season. The (eventual) success won't only be in increased season ticket monies (Assuming they will get it) but extra sales from programmes, club shop items and the pie hut (Assuming ARFC run this themselves). It would also be nice to play in front of a bigger crowd no doubt!

All the best with this, I hope it goes well. Hopefully too many people don't take advantage of the minimum cap imposed. I would have been more tempted to make it £25~£50 for adults, specifically to stop people as stated above paying £10 only for 2 games, when a local could buy it and come for the whole season instead of an empty space for the other 16 games, but maybe that's just me!

How would I get from Kilmarnock to Coatbridge? I wouldn't mind picking up a cheapish season ticket for Albion so me and my uncle could go as we've picked up an interest in lower league football lately and wouldn't mind going especially at the smaller price. I'd go only occasionally when there's no Killie game etc.

If all clubs stopped people getting in for nothing, that might also help to allow prices to drop. Too many people feel that they're entitled to free entry at any ground. The number of "scouts" that turn up at games is ridiculous

How would I get from Kilmarnock to Coatbridge? I wouldn't mind picking up a cheapish season ticket for Albion so me and my uncle could go as we've picked up an interest in lower league football lately and wouldn't mind going especially at the smaller price. I'd go only occasionally when there's no Killie game etc.

Bus to Buchanan Street then either bus from there to Coatbridge or short walk to Queen Street for train to Coatdyke. SPT day tripper ticket for two adults travelling together is under £20.

Cheers mate :) I'm assuming it's for 2 adults? Or is it individual?

The individual adult (and he/she can take two children) Is under £11 and the two adults together (and they can take 4 children) is under £20.

For me in South Ayrshire, it's cheaper than diesel and you can have a wee swally.

Cheers, I'll look into this daytripper etc. How do we order tickets when they come on sale, through phone or have to be in shop?

At your local railway station office. If I get on at Maybole, the conductor sells you a ticket which you have to swap for the scratchcard DayTripper at Ayr Station.

so me and my uncle could go as we've picked up an interest in lower league football lately

You mean YOUVE just picked up an interest in all things non SPL lately Anfield. Ive always just been into the scottish lower leagues. Big Albion Rangers fan in my day. Jim Chapmans yellow red armeeee etc etc

:P

• 4 weeks later...

Predictably semi-popular but this gimmick can only be considered a success if the club's income is better than normal at the end of the year. Triple the season ticket sales probably means few regulars paying at the gate.

The chairman talking about "donations" is unpleasant. He's running a football club, not a charity.

Archived