"pay what you can" season ticket

Oh, and are cup games included in Rovers ST? Might get one and save some money on our inevitable cup tie next year.

Cup ties aren't included. Not that it matters as the annual Sons v Rovers cup tie is always at The Rock, purely so I can get my pie and peas in the Stags'

This looks like another clever idea from our Chairman. My plan is to pay £200 but take two season tickets, which will be handy for persuading friends/colleagues etc. to come along. £10 really does put occasional visitors off, although I do have some work colleagues joining me this Saturday.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love this to be a roaring success, but the cynic in me doesn't see that. Rovers, like us and most other sides at this level (if not almost everywhere in Scotland) suffer from guys not going to the football at all, but standing in the pub watching Sky and the rest of it. £10 - £12 is definitely too much for our level of football; that said, we have kids and students let in for £2 and we're not exactly swamped with them. More and more, people are getting their football fix by settling down with a can, takeaway pizza and turning on the TV. Fat b*****ds!

It's all fine and well coming up with new gimmicks every fortnight but by doing this Rovers will get all their cash in a oner in the Summer and take very little over the following 9 months. There's no way the club will make any more cash from this and the threat of losing money next season is much bigger than the chance of making any.

It's great to get the headlines but I think Mr. Devlin should be spending less time trying to make himself a celebrity by using Albion Rovers as a guinea pig and more time running the club properly.

It's all fine and well coming up with new gimmicks every fortnight but by doing this Rovers will get all their cash in a oner in the Summer and take very little over the following 9 months.

twitter bird in the hand is worth two in the bush maybe...

It's all fine and well coming up with new gimmicks every fortnight but by doing this Rovers will get all their cash in a oner in the Summer and take very little over the following 9 months.

still think its a risk but can't see much wrong with that financial thinking though AR. Cash in bank better than on a drip feed. From my own business experience it allows better planning and budgeting...which is why bigger clubs love season ticket sales ?

still think its a risk but can't see much wrong with that financial thinking though AR. Cash in bank better than on a drip feed. From my own business experience it allows better planning and budgeting...which is why bigger clubs love season ticket sales ?

Usually Rovers will sell just under 100 £140 season books and bring in another 100-300 tenners each home game.

With this method they'll sell lots of cheap STs to whoever will buy them, and make next to nothing for the rest of the season. I think over the season the club will make significantly less money than normal and when the prices are jacked back up for the 2015/16 season next to none of the cheapo part-time fans will come back to pay full whack.

Usually Rovers will sell just under 100 £140 season books and bring in another 100-300 tenners each home game.

With this method they'll sell lots of cheap STs to whoever will buy them, and make next to nothing for the rest of the season. I think over the season the club will make significantly less money than normal and when the prices are jacked back up for the 2015/16 season next to none of the cheapo part-time fans will come back to pay full whack.

maybees aye, maybees naw. Who knows ? ...The bloke may be right, he may be a nutter ...but looks like he's up for it at least.

It's all fine and well coming up with new gimmicks every fortnight but by doing this Rovers will get all their cash in a oner in the Summer and take very little over the following 9 months. There's no way the club will make any more cash from this and the threat of losing money next season is much bigger than the chance of making any.

It's great to get the headlines but I think Mr. Devlin should be spending less time trying to make himself a celebrity by using Albion Rovers as a guinea pig and more time running the club properly.

I'm a bit baffled that you're annoyed about this. It's very rare that clubs will try and help out fans in this way. They've obviously looked at it and agreed that they have more than enough money to cover the season and if entices any number of new fans to follow you then I think it's a success. I'd kill to have a board that put the fans first, currently there's strong talks of ours trying to sell our ground and move us but we've not even had a statement on the issue from the board. Anything done for our fans is by the Trust and frankly if our board could have the club without the fans the doors would have been closed long ago. I'd be happy with what you've got there.

Well put geezer.

I'm a bit baffled that you're annoyed about this. It's very rare that clubs will try and help out fans in this way. They've obviously looked at it and agreed that they have more than enough money to cover the season and if entices any number of new fans to follow you then I think it's a success. I'd kill to have a board that put the fans first, currently there's strong talks of ours trying to sell our ground and move us but we've not even had a statement on the issue from the board. Anything done for our fans is by the Trust and frankly if our board could have the club without the fans the doors would have been closed long ago. I'd be happy with what you've got there.

almost exactly the same view and opinions I got from several diehard Airdrie fans that I work alongside...

Archived