"pay what you can" season ticket

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Albino's settling nicely into the role of contrarian on this thread IMO.

In a way you're right- my ranting is a combination of devil's advocate and rank pessimist. I'm actually not necessarily against the idea but I do think it has to be challenged and I don't think it's going to work.

If by May 2015 the club has made money on this- great, the first part has worked! However I have real doubts it'll achieve its true goal and win the Rovers any new fans unless we do the hard part and get a successful team on the pitch- no news on that bit.

It's also an idea I challenge because it's making it look like the club isn't being taken seriously. It's the sort of novelty you associate with a Mickey Mouse team; I think we should be trying to get away from that stereotype rather than playing it up.

In the grand scheme of things Albion Rovers are a Mickey Mouse team.

At least the club are TRYING to entice new fans what do you suggest they do otherwise? You seem happy to knock the initiative but offer no insight into how YOU would try and increase the fan base.

Albion Rovers have had promotion winning teams in recent years and it never increased their fan base much so putting a winning team on the park, that you keep alluding to, is not the be all and end all.

They are creating a buzz about Albion Rovers whether you like it or not. Whether good or bad people are talking about your club and there is a massive interest in this scheme.

Of course Rovers are a joke club, but club officials shouldn't pander to that!

Yes, they're trying but I think sooner or later the board will realise they need to work with what they've got. At this level there's no money, no glamour and a small pool of fans- a winning team is the be all and end all, lest the club lose the customers it already has.

Of course Rovers are a joke club, but club officials shouldn't pander to that!

I haven't witnessed any club official making the club out to be a joke, in fact just the very opposite.

Let me ask you a few questions. Indulge me...

-Bringing a fans representative onto the board. A joke ?

-Expanding the board to at least have a chance of being taken seriously. A joke ?

-Having regular Q&A meetings with supporters. A joke ?

-Establishing a plan to redevelop or reopen long neglected areas of the ground. A joke ?

-Generating unprecedented media and public interest in our club. A joke ?

-Bringing back loyal and committed individuals such as The Dish and Rolink. A joke ?

-Helping local kids through a very honourable charity donation. A joke ?

I am afraid the only joke I can see is you Albino...

You simply can't wait on it all going wrong and you can shout out " I told you so !"

Sad

I have purchased my season ticket for a price I deem appropriate based on the standard of football last season (and what I had in my wallet at the time.)

Excellent ! You paid what you could - I would say that is a ringing endorsement of Mr Devlin's Chairmanship.

Welcome to the revolution Albino!

:lol::lol::lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Report of the Sales HERE -

ticket sales so far = 620.....

http://albionroversfc.com/?p=5206

It would appear this has been an overwhelming success. Well done to the club for taking the initiative to try something different.

Maybe someone should start the 'A great feeling at Cliftonhill' thread...

It would appear this has been an overwhelming success.

Selling 500 extra tickets (at discount rate) isn't bad, but the level of success can be judged in 12 months' time, when we know the end-of-season takings, and 15/16 season book sales.

In the grand scheme of things Albion Rovers are a Mickey Mouse team.

At least the club are TRYING to entice new fans what do you suggest they do otherwise? You seem happy to knock the initiative but offer no insight into how YOU would try and increase the fan base.

Albion Rovers have had promotion winning teams in recent years and it never increased their fan base much so putting a winning team on the park, that you keep alluding to, is not the be all and end all.

They are creating a buzz about Albion Rovers whether you like it or not. Whether good or bad people are talking about your club and there is a massive interest in this scheme.

fucking hell neilly, you do like to shoot from the holster mate, i gree with you post, albino rover comes across as a totall w****r

fucking hell neilly, you do like to shoot from the holster mate, i gree with you post, albino rover comes across as a totall w****r

Pretty much this. Every club has guys who can never see any positives in anything that their club do and who have no ideas themselves. Unfortunately when you are a wee club, their voice is heard a wee bit more than it would be at a bigger club. It's tiresome and disheartening listening to it.

Hopefully the cash raised by the Dirty Rovers at discounted rates is considerably more than they would have taken in by continuing to charge full whack at the gate. And, of course, that we pump you four times next year.

Archived