"pay what you can" season ticket

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could undercut away fans too. What would stop them paying a tenner for a season ticket to see two games featuring their games? Half of what they would generate normally.

Great deal though. Credit where it's due.

Minimum is a still very low £10

Albion Rovers Football Club Season Ticket Information 2014/2015 – “Pay What You Can”
Albion Rovers FC recognises and appreciates the financial constraints experienced by many of our fans and football supporters in general.

Following your favourite football team can be a relatively expensive business.
At Albion Rovers we have always tried to deliver good value to our supporters while maintaining an effective & viable financial operating structure.

Our season tickets and general admission pricing in recent years have been very well positioned and have demonstrated our commitment to providing great value for money.

Football clubs, however, cannot be complacent and we have to constantly find new ways to compete with other forms of entertainment and leisure for our customer and fanbase.

Being innovative in terms of the customer experience and what customers perceive to be of “good value” is critical if we are to remain competitive. At Albion Rovers we have established an ambitious long-term plan (2020 Vision) to rejuvenate the customer experience at Cliftonhill and ensure the club remains playing football in Coatbridge for future generations.

Our 2020 Vision includes redevelopments to the infrastructure at Cliftonhill, extending the standing capacity, modernising the facilities and building vital relationships with our local community. Key to all of this is growing our core support and in particular attracting new and younger fans for the next generation.

We need to provide an incentive and a compelling reason for new support to come along to Cliftonhill and hopefully enjoy the experience sufficiently that they become passionate about Albion Rovers and want to come back year after year.
Earlier this year we trialed a groundbreaking new initiative with the “Pay What You Can” game. The trial itself was an overwhelming success on every metric and suggested that price was an absolute consideration for attracting new and old support back to Cliftonhill.

For the season ahead we are again promoting a groundbreaking initiative and extending the “Pay What You Can” idea to our Season Ticket sales. This is both a “thank you” to our core fans and season-ticket holders as well as offering an amazing value-for-money incentive for new supporters to come along and experience a full season of football at Albion Rovers.

We hope that the incentive is warmly received and we can reach out to many new fans. We also hope that those who wish to take advantage of this offer do so in the true spirit that it is intended and do indeed “pay what you can afford”.
Please be fair and honest in your evaluation of what is affordable and realistic.
To that extent we have detailed below our season ticket pricing for the current season 2013/14 and have also provided a suggested minimal donation for each category of “Pay What You Can” ticket.

Current Season Ticket Prices 2013/2014 | Suggested Minimum Donation 2014/2015
Adult £140 | £70
Concession £70 | £35
Junior (Age 13-16) £30 | £15
_
Tickets can be pre-ordered from Thursday 1st of May 2014 and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.

Children under the age of 12 are still admitted FREE with any paying adult.
The only caveat is that there will be a minimum charge of £10 per ticket to cover the associated club administration costs. We hope you understand

It is. But not every club can afford such profligacy. Most clubs still by and large have to live by what comes through the gate 18 times a year, without the good fortune of using the gates somewhere else to set themselves up for the forseeable :P truthfully, its not something i could see catching on. Probably won't be too bothered about enough folk abusing it, as theres no such thing as bad publicity they say. Well done ARFC for exploiting their recent Cup efforts, our fucking lot could do worse thsn pick yer boards brains re the HoF night friday going tits up. Best ah luck.

I might just buy one and, if I don't make a game, so what? I lose little or nothing, the club gain £10, and I might just make it through for a game one day as I haven't been to Cliftonhill for a good many years, certainly not since the Shire left Firs Park anyway.

It's a bit of a risk but it continues some good publicity for Albion who are clearly getting better at management level. Credit to them for this, hopefully not to many fucking arseholes like that BerwickMad guy take advantage of it. Someone should stab him next time we're up

It's a bit of a risk but it continues some good publicity for Albion who are clearly getting better at management level. Credit to them for this, hopefully not to many fucking arseholes like that BerwickMad guy take advantage of it. Someone should stab him next time we're up

Anyone asks me who BerwickMad is and I'm pointing towards you.

Good luck with this.

I know this has been done by FC United down south, apparently with great success, and I'm pleased to see the innovation extending north. I'm currently going to Cliftonhill about once or twice a season (the last one being the pay-what-you-can game in January) but I might just chuck in fifty quid or something for a season ticket next year so it's there if I need it.

How much does Cliftonhill hold? I imagine they would only be able to sell a couple of thousand ST, regardless if they turn up every week or not.

I'll certainly chip in for one, gives another option I suppose if Clyde aren't playing.

Mental. Brave but mental

Is it? I obviously don't know how much they've made from the cup run but I'd imagine it would be close to (if not more than) a seasons budget for them so they are obviously in a position to put this great offer to their fans. Most other boards wouldn't even dream of doing something like this, it's great to see.

You'll also still have folk paying more than the retail price, maybe not many but there will be some.

Oh, and are cup games included in Rovers ST? Might get one and save some money on our inevitable cup tie next year.

Wow, great gesture, looks likely we will be visiting next season. Good idea I reckon, the loyal hardcore fans will most likely still pay the full value (I would if it was at Gayf) and they should make money from all the newcomers, who hopefully then go on to build a relationship with the club and who pick up the bug you get from supporting your local lower league club.

Make sure the season ticket is numbered for each game to prevent one season ticket being used by visiting fans to get in cheap!

I will buy one for £50 I have been to 2 of your games this season and should manage the same number next season. If I attend a few more I win, if I attend the same the club wins.

Is it? I obviously don't know how much they've made from the cup run but I'd imagine it would be close to (if not more than) a seasons budget for them so they are obviously in a position to put this great offer to their fans.

I think the cup run was worth several times the total budget but I have a feeling the Chairman would still have made an offer like this irrespective. The `books` don`t close until June and it will be October / November before the accounts are posted out to shareholders.

Archived