Kilmarnock Transfer Summer 2014

So he hasn't signed a 3 year deal? The club seem to think he has.

Did you not read the post? We will have clauses in his contract which will allow us to cancel the deal for whatever reason. We've done it plenty of times over the last few years. Leon Panikvar, Danny Buijs, Ben Hutchinson, Patrick Ada, Willie Gros, Billy Berntsson, Danny Racchi, Rui Miguel, Benjamin Laurant, Sean Clohessy etc etc have all signed long(ish)-term deals only to have them revoked/rescinded/cancelled (delete as applicable).

I would be absolutely astonished if MJ hasn't done the same with Magennis.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The contract will be 3 years with our usual 'get out clauses' attached. The same as with Willie Gros who signed a "3 year deal" last summer and was this summer released.

Do you know for a fact Gros received no money upon his release?

Seems a bit strange to offer three year deals where you can release the player for free. That sounds more like an option.

Did you not read the post? We will have clauses in his contract which will allow us to cancel the deal for whatever reason. We've done it plenty of times over the last few years. Leon Panikvar, Danny Buijs, Ben Hutchinson, Patrick Ada, Willie Gros, Billy Berntsson, Danny Racchi, Rui Miguel, Benjamin Laurant, Sean Clohessy etc etc have all signed long(ish)-term deals only to have them revoked/rescinded/cancelled (delete as applicable).

I would be absolutely astonished if MJ hasn't done the same with Magennis.

He either signed a three year deal or he didn't.

Seems a bit strange to offer three year deals where you can release the player for free. That sounds more like an option.

My point being that it was advertised as a 3-year deal at the time. As is Magennis'. There may be a sweetener involved should we wish to cancel early, but I can't envisage it being much when you look at the amount of players that have had deals cancelled since Mixu was here.

Derek Adams described some of last year's contract signings as two-year deals, when in fact the majority [if not all, how are we to know?] were one year deals with options. He did also explicitly say one or two of them, eg Ben Gordon, were one year deals with an option, which deliberately muddied the water. But then that's Adams and doesn't fully explain how Kilmarnock work.

My point being that it was advertised as a 3-year deal at the time. As is Magennis'. There may be a sweetener involved should we wish to cancel early, but I can't envisage it being much when you look at the amount of players that have had deals cancelled since Mixu was here.

Fair enough, but doesn't seem a very sensible way to run your club, all those little 'sweeteners' must add up.

Brilliant from Allan Johnston. Get Magennis tied down on a three year deal so you get a big fee for him next summer, rather than him leaving on a free.

That is absolutely hilarious, one of the funniest contracts of the summer.

A 1 year punt on someone like Magennis is one thing... 3 years though... :lol:

It's as if Killie think they've beat off a queue of clubs vying for his signature...

"The winger has also been capped by England at U19 and U20 level and has signed a two year deal."

Come on QLP...

" The winger has also been capped by England at U19 and U20 level and has signed a three year deal."

Archived