Kilmarnock Transfer Summer 2014

That's only true of managers (like ours) who either lack the contacts or are unwilling to look outside of the UK for a player.

There are numerous more talented player than Ross Caldwell and Josh Magennis floating about Europe looking for clubs, but our managers have gone for the easy option.

Get back to me when you have Pep Guardiola at the helm :lol:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, we'd need to cover expenses for these guys to come over and train with us. Including flights, accommodation etc then you could be looking at a decent wedge for someone who may never sign.

Or who do sign but don't turn up (in all senses).... eg: Messrs Bahoken & Djemba Djemba.

Mark Connolly signed a three-year-deal too. I imagine Magennis' deal will have our usual get out clauses involved though.

Relegation release clause? :whistle

Josh is a terrible football player. Can't header... can't run with the ball... can't pass... can't shoot.

He's a big guy with a bit of pace but that's about all he's got going for him!

Magennis was there but didn't feature. He did have a lengthy conversation with MJ before both went away onto their phones for a while.

Of course we'll struggle to match Boyd's goal tally. That goes without saying. However McKenzie will score more than a few up-front, and Miller's hold-up play links well with his speedy runs in behind. That'll create plenty of chances. Magennis will be no more than a squad player. Clarkson was very poor today, and doesn't look anywhere close to fit. Unless he improves significantly then McKenzie, Miller and Muirhead may be our first three choices for the forward line going into the season.

The secret is improving our defending this season. If this is the case then we may not need to match Boyds goal tally.

By the way I think Alan Martin would be a good signing.

Samson needs to up his game this season and I still can't believe Reguero wasn't given a chance

As an aside, I just watched the interview with him on the 'fishal site, and he comes across really well. The most interesting part was when he spoke about the manager wanting to play football the right way, and that the chairman sold him on the future direction of the club. Listen, I want to like Allan Johnston, and if he gets us playing a more attractive style then he'll win himself more time. I don't think it's outrageous to suggest that had we finished where we did last term but played a game that was easier on the eye then AJ wouldn't be getting half the stick he does.

:lol:

I give it about ten games before Killie revert to type and resume hoofing it.

Archived