Kilmarnock Transfer Summer 2014

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has the Annan game's time Been confirmed yet? My boss has let me off aslong as I go back in for 6pm, so a 3 kick off would be the latest I can go for lol.

Yeah. It's on the official website.

I was thinking about going but I have a gig in Glasgow that night and it'd be cutting it a bit tight getting home to Killie then jumping back up to Glasgow for 8pm on public transport.

http://www.kilmarnockfc.co.uk/Article?id=697

f**k sake Cass, you've made the cardinal sin there. Don't ever speak ill of Mr Eremenko... :rolleyes:

FWIW, you were spot on IMO. A shadow of his former self and if we'd signed a guy with no link to the club who was overweight and performed in the same way then the fans would be desperate for him to get punted. Eremenko pulls out the cross for Boyd's goal versus St Mirren and that's "what he's capable of". Irvine scores a screamer against Ross County and it'll be described as "jammy".

It's also unfair to compare a 31-year-old who has played for some big clubs over Europe to a 21-year-old playing in his first season as a professional footballer. That's before you even compare their playing styles. Eremenko is a flamboyant playmaker and Irvine is a workhorse deep-midfielder.

Yeah. It's on the official website.

I was thinking about going but I have a gig in Glasgow that night and it'd be cutting it a bit tight getting home to Killie then jumping back up to Glasgow for 8pm on public transport.

http://www.kilmarnockfc.co.uk/Article?id=697

If you change your mind then give me a heads up, thinking of heading down.

If we are going to be playing a passing game then I'd take both of them. If we're playing hoofball like last season then I wouldn't take either.

Irvine could be a fairly effective player in a good team - doing the James Fowler role of running around a lot, winning the ball back and then giving it to the talented players. You could see towards the end of the season that he was growing into that sort of player. He's not very good in a bad team though, because his lack of genuine footballing ability is exposed a lot more.

Eremenko showed a few glimpses of what he's capable of last season, but he was totally wasted in the style of football we were playing. No point in having a creative playmaker if the ball is going to spend most of the game sailing over his head, and then when he does have the ball he doesn't really have much to give it to apart from an isolated striker. However if we are looking to play football on the deck then it's an absolute no-brainer to sign him if we can afford it.

I thought Eremenko ran the show against us in the last game at RP. That being said we were terrible and never even attempted closing him down.

I think the more relevant game between the sides to judge him on was the one a few weeks prior - the one where both teams had something to play for:

Eremenko was an irrelevant disinterested disgrace and was rightly hooked at half time, as we strolled to a 2-0 win.

I hope he gets another contract at Rugby Park, Killie wasting a sizeable wage on a mercenary like him will be good news for us and the rest of the league.

I think the more relevant game between the sides to judge him on was the one a few weeks prior - the one where both teams had something to play for:

Eremenko was an irrelevant disinterested disgrace and was rightly hooked at half time, as we strolled to a 2-0 win.

I hope he gets another contract at Rugby Park, Killie wasting a sizeable wage on a mercenary like him will be good news for us and the rest of the league.

I agree with a St Mirren fan.

Is there something wrong with me? :o

Djemba Djemba anyone ?

re: Eremenko though, it's all a bit sad. It reminds me of your girlfriend breaking up with you, and you not being able to accept it whilst she moves on. Then, a year or so later you bump into each other and there are some flashes of the past and you think 'maybe we still have a chance'... All the while, she's getting ready to break your heart again by running off with the Russian guy with loadsa cash. Then you're left, all alone, pining for those glory days to return...

re: Eremenko though, it's all a bit sad. It reminds me of your girlfriend breaking up with you, and you not being able to accept it whilst she moves on. Then, a year or so later you bump into each other and there are some flashes of the past and you think 'maybe we still have a chance'... All the while, she's getting ready to break your heart again by running off with the Russian guy with loadsa cash. Then you're left, all alone, pining for those glory days to return...

All your pals know you are better off without her though as you can't see what everyone else can, that she hasn't aged well, even in just a few short years.

Djemba Djemba anyone ?

Relevant comparison. Both Eric and Alexei had similar impacts on our respective seasons last year. All the more amazing that some Killie fans still want him back then.

Relevant comparison. Both Eric and Alexei had similar impacts on our respective seasons last year. All the more amazing that some Killie fans still want him back then.

Imagine Eremenko and Djemba Djemba in the same team?

The stuff wet dreams are made of.

Eremenko last season was completely unfit and as others have said was wasted in our style of football. Remember seeing him scream at Samson for the ball only to see the ball booted as far up the park as possible. In saying that he's got himself back in shape end of the season and if we were to retain his services he should be better this coming season.

Don't see the problem with offering him a deal. Offer what we can afford, if he accepts awesome if he doesn't then move on.

I don't believe for one minute that we don't have some idea of Eremenko's wage demands. If he really wanted to stay, then he'd have travelled over to Scotland and asked to train with the club from the beginning of pre-season. That way he could a) prove his fitness and get fitter b) speak to MJ/AJ/BB and thrash something out (after all, it's surely far easier to talk about a deal when you're working with the club every day rather than through an agent in Finland) and c) prove he wants to be a Kilmarnock player. Instead, he's hung about in Helsinki and posted a few photos a week in the gym or out a run. That doesn't say to me that he seriously wants to stay.

I loved Eremenko first time round, and I thought he was probably the most talented player I'd ever see in stripes. We can't be blinded by that time though, and he was rank rotten last season. You can say that he's useless with long-ball tactics and to a certain extent that is correct. However, when he did get the ball at his feet last season he was inevitably caught in possession or made a poor pass. He also had the runs of Kris Boyd to find rather than those of a far poorer player like Sammon so there's no excuses there.

I'd rather see Allan Johnston build a squad of guys who want to be here and fit into our wage structure rather than sign Eremenko and have limited funds left for other areas of the squad. If he wants to sign for peanuts then fair enough, I'll take him as he would be worth the risk. As it stands, he's made no effort to show that's the case so we can't put all our eggs in the one basket.

Archived