Kilmarnock Transfer Summer 2014

Magennis might actually be a decent squad addition. Offers cover in a number of positions (including right-back where we need it) and can be brought on late to run at defenders.

Sammon wasn't exactly a technically proficient player when he first joined us, but work rate and effort can do you well in Scottish football.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Magennis might actually be a decent squad addition.

He really wouldn't be. In terms of technique and decision-making, he's one of the worst players I've seen at any level. I'd be amazed if another Premiership team took a punt on him.

Magennis might actually be a decent squad addition. Offers cover in a number of positions (including right-back where we need it) and can be brought on late to run at defenders.

Sammon wasn't exactly a technically proficient player when he first joined us, but work rate and effort can do you well in Scottish football.

He played right back for us once, It was a league game at Tannadice. We were winning 2-0, Jason Naismith went off injured and Magennis went to right back.

I think you know what the final score was, he never played there again. All goals came down his side, it was genuinely one of the worst right back performances I've ever seen anywhere.

Come on guys, give me a break :(

What Magennis is, is a tremendous athlete. He is one of the most physically impressive players I've ever seen. He's quick, strong, tall and powerful.

If what you want him for is an impact sub role he will do a job, he did for us a few times. His sheer physicality can be enough to overcome tiring defenders in the dying embers of games. Technically though, he's hopeless, and this shows when he starts a game and he can't just rely on his physical attributes.

What Magennis is, is a tremendous athlete. He is one of the most physically impressive players I've ever seen. He's quick, strong, tall and powerful.

If what you want him for is an impact sub role he will do a job, he did for us a few times. His sheer physicality can be enough to overcome tiring defenders in the dying embers of games. Technically though, he's hopeless, and this shows when he starts a game and he can't just rely on his physical attributes.

One of my friends drove down to watch training the last few days and commented that we were doing a lot of short passing drills and there wasn't a long ball in sight. Someone on the Killie forum has said the same. That would suggest that should we sign Magennis he won't be a starter and will be signed for just the reason you say. Magennis was the only player not breathing out his arse today too apparently.

Patrik Twardzik was training with us too.

One of my friends drove down to watch training the last few days and commented that we were doing a lot of short passing drills and there wasn't a long ball in sight. Someone on the Killie forum has said the same. That would suggest that should we sign Magennis he won't be a starter and will be signed for just the reason you say. Magennis was the only player not breathing out his arse today too apparently.

Patrik Twardzik was training with us too.

It would be quite disconcerting to turn up at the training ground only to find Magennis on the halfway line and the rest of the squad in the 6 yard box, taking turns at practising clipping 80 yard passes for him to run on to.

It would be quite disconcerting to turn up at the training ground only to find Magennis on the halfway line and the rest of the squad in the 6 yard box, taking turns at practising clipping 80 yard passes for him to run on to.

It's quite disconcerting that you know AJ's game plan inside out, we've been rumbled.

Oh my god AJ. What was looking like a promising transfer window in the way of transfers In, he goes and signs Josh Magennis? He's an awful player. Yes he'd be a good impact sub, but when we have the youth players we do why are we wasting wages on someone like Magennis? I'd rather Kiltie or Pooler were being used as impact subs.

Archived