Kilmarnock Transfer Summer 2014

Sheridan was excellent in the spell after he came in where he was played through the middle - he must have been averaging nearly a goal a game. Then he got shifted out wide when Heffernan was fit again, and he wasn't nearly as effective out there.

I would be delighted to take him back if he was going to be playing as a centre-forward.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

f**k Sheridan, this josh guy from Aberdeen think he could do a job with our team ?

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

He's a great athlete - fast, strong and fit. Although I remember an Aberdeen fan on here describing him as someone "who could have been one of the best players in the world...if he was able to play football," so probably not.

If Eremenko plays effectively behind a purely athletic centre-forward (2010/11), it can be pretty devastating - so again, it probably hangs on that.

He's a great athlete - fast, strong and fit. Although I remember an Aberdeen fan on here describing him as someone "who could have been one of the best players in the world...if he was able to play football," so probably not.

If Eremenko plays effectively behind a purely athletic centre-forward (2010/11), it can be pretty devastating - so again, it probably hangs on that.

That's what my mate just said aswell I've no seen a lot of him so can't say ... Think they'll be starting with miller up front him self ??

Yep, smash it long to a guy with a career record of a goal every 3.5 games. Exciting times ahead...

What was the Fish's average before Mixu started us playing to his strengths?

Actually, I'll answer that - from WIKI - 1 goal in 5.25 games for UCD and Derry. Not going into his early Kille form, but 18 from 23 in season 10-11 was

a. A remarkable record in itself, and

b. A statistic which made him a marketable commodity, bringing in well over half a million.

The problem with Kilmarnock, well one of them anyway, wasn't the strike force, after all they had Boyd up front and only just avoided the playoffs, it's the rest of the team. They had the worst goal difference, lost the most amount of games and scored the 3rd lowest number of goals. It's clear Boyd kept them up, but the problems were not there. Miller might paper over the cracks but the manager and defence/midfield are where the problems are.

f**k Sheridan, this josh guy from Aberdeen think he could do a job with our team ?

No. It would be a dreadful signing - he has pace and power but no idea how to use them.

It'll be miller and McKenzie/Muirhead (in a rotation) up front if the team stays as it is and AJ has any sense. No doubt he'll put miller up front and lump balls up to his head with no one supporting him.

Sandaza would be a decent signing from what I remember, wasn't he horse at rangers though?

Sammon being mentioned in this thread :wub:

Eta - Magennis is an awful player and I'll not be happy if we sign him.

What was the Fish's average before Mixu started us playing to his strengths?

Actually, I'll answer that - from WIKI - 1 goal in 5.25 games for UCD and Derry. Not going into his early Kille form, but 18 from 23 in season 10-11 was

a. A remarkable record in itself, and

b. A statistic which made him a marketable commodity, bringing in well over half a million.

That's what I was referring to in my post about Magennis - who I don't think is the player Sammon is, but a similar type. It's erroneous to overlook Eremenko's role in maximising the potential allowed by Sammon's physical prowess - at 31, I don't think Lee Miller possesses that prowess, if he ever did.

Whilst I agree that Boyd is a big loss and of course he is the best striker (in terms of goals) in SPL/SPFLPL history and only an idiot would say that we won't miss him I don't buy into this theory that his goals kept us up and without him we wouldn't have scored X amount of goals. Who's to say that another striker wouldn't have filled this void if Boyd had left this time last year.

Boyds goals replaced Heffernans of the previous couple of years. Heffernan's replaced Sammons goals who replaced the striker prior to him and etc etc.

I reckon Miller will score between 10 - 15 goals in the season to come.

I don't buy into this theory that his goals kept us up and without him we wouldn't have scored X amount of goals. Who's to say that another striker wouldn't have filled this void if Boyd had left this time last year.

No? So you lost more games than any other side, had the worst goal difference, struggled to score goals (being the 3rd worst in the league) and avoided the play offs on the last day, all this with the top divisions best goalscorer and yet you think without him you would have done better?

No? So you lost more games than any other side, had the worst goal difference, struggled to score goals (being the 3rd worst in the league) and avoided the play offs on the last day, all this with the top divisions best goalscorer and yet you think without him you would have done better?

Well said :lol:

Magennis would be handy as an impact sub as he's a handful for tiring defenders to deal with which would help the rest of the team. Aside from that he's sodding useless and most teams can't afford to have a guy in the squad whose sole purpose is to come on with 20 minutes left. And to think I gave him MOMT when he played against Killie :lol:

Personally I think he's playing the wrong sport. He's big, fast and powerful. The fact he used to be a goalkeeper suggests he's good with his hands. Maybe he should give being a wide receiver in the NFL a try.

Personally I think he's playing the wrong sport. He's big, fast and powerful. The fact he used to be a goalkeeper suggests he's good with his hands. Maybe he should give being a wide receiver in the NFL a try.

Or maybe it suggests he wasn't a very good goalkeeper?

Archived