Kilmarnock Transfer Summer 2014

Pretty happy with this signing - reckon he's similar to Steven MacLean in that he brings something extra out of all the players round about him. I hope he can get a good partnership going with McKenzie. Our business so far this summer seems to have been a lot better than last year's. Next moves have to be a left-back and another centre-back.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, cheers. I remember you telling us that Sheridan wouldn't get five for us.

I feel more confident now you've assessed Miller.

Sheridan was utter horse shit though

MIller barely got double figures for a very good Aberdeen side, and that was when he was much younger.

I doubt he'll get there with this Kilmarnock team.

Ahhh, but like a good wine (tonic aside I'm afraid, mon ami) things can also get better with age. The view from Carlisle fans is that he became a more intelligent player during his time there.

Sheridan was utter horse shit though

Absolute nonsense. As others have said, for a guy played out of position more often than not, he chipped in with a fair few goals...

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hearts/192617-see-spl-video-highlights-as-kilmarnock-make-it-four-in-a-row-at-tynecastle/

Horse shit indeed.

He had a couple of great games, but his first touch and energy levels weren't up to this level.

He's a target man type striker that was being asked to play as a winger. Kris Boyd's first touch was frequently poor and he struggled at times with energy, does that make him a bad player too?

Kilmarnock Football Club is pleased to announce that Scotland U17 goalkeeper Devlin MacKay has agreed to extend his stay at Rugby Park after signing a new two year deal.

To be fair, we've signed three players who will be first-team regulars. That's a lot better than the sort of shit he signed last summer who were quite clearly only ever going to be squad players (Stewart, Jacobs, Nicholson, Silva). If we don't sign anyone else then I wouldn't be happy, but I think this is a good start.

Kilmarnock Football Club is pleased to announce that Scotland U17 goalkeeper Devlin MacKay has agreed to extend his stay at Rugby Park after signing a new two year deal.

I'm concerned that Muirhead only has a year left. Needs extended pronto. Same with Kiltie, Pooler and hodge.

To be fair, we've signed three players who will be first-team regulars. That's a lot better than the sort of shit he signed last summer who were quite clearly only ever going to be squad players (Stewart, Jacobs, Nicholson, Silva). If we don't sign anyone else then I wouldn't be happy, but I think this is a good start.

Agreed.

He's a target man type striker that was being asked to play as a winger. Kris Boyd's first touch was frequently poor and he struggled at times with energy, does that make him a bad player too?

You're not honestly going to compare the two of them are you?

Kris Boyd is one of the best finishers ever to play for Kilmarnock, what did Sheridan bring? The latter had a good half season at St Johnstone playing with Sandaza - but I really don't think he showed at us, Celtic or Motherwell that he was cut out for this level.

The latter had a good half season at St Johnstone playing with Sandaza - but I really don't think he showed at us, Celtic or Motherwell that he was cut out for this level.

A good seven days at St Johnstone, when he scored all four of his league goals in that 2011/12 season. Maybe a slight exaggeration but when he dropped out of the team injured and Marcus Haber came in, it became pretty clear that the great partnership wasn't so much a pairing but more just the fact Sandaza was a quality player. Haber should have kept his place ahead of Sheridan. He was one of those guys that you'd have been happy enough to keep but were never going to lose any sleep over losing. He had talent and produced it in occasional matches, which boosted his goal tally to appear more impressive than it probably was, i.e. if you look at the actual number of matches he scored in, it wasn't so hot. It was 11 out of 61 matches in his last couple of seasons with Saints and Killie. Not great for a striker.

Archived