Kilmarnock Transfer Summer 2014

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many games has Killie won with Ohara playing? I am going to disagree with you. He doesn't track runners he just points at them....it happened against celtic at rugby park, a runner from midfield just glided past him and scored....in my opinion lee Ashcroft is twice theplayer Ohara will be

Two completely different players. O'Hara has poise on the ball that belies his age and would be more suited sitting in front of the defence dictating play IMHO. I find it strange that you chose to highlight the best player in Scotland (if it was Commons as I think it was) "gliding past him" as a sign that he's not up to it. By that logic 90% of defenders in Scotland last year are hopeless.

Does Cairney have the same problem Darren Fletcher's got? Someone said that on Thistle's forum. Had a great final season with us and although he had a few injuries at Hibs, he seemed to do well when playing. Could be a good signing.

Don't think Cairney is as bad as some make out- he will do a job.

Would be astonished if you's sign Magennis- he's got pace, power and good work rate etc, unfortunately has zero footballing ability, and canny score to save himself. Not a striker in a fucking million years!

Cairney is probably the one former player I'd have quite liked to have had back at the club (excluding loans like Taylor). If he has a manager who can keep him fit and play him in the right position he can contribute a fair amount of goals. I don't think it'll take him long to surpass Gardyne's contribution to Killie as an attacking midfielder anyway.

Two completely different players. O'Hara has poise on the ball that belies his age and would be more suited sitting in front of the defence dictating play IMHO. I find it strange that you chose to highlight the best player in Scotland (if it was Commons as I think it was) "gliding past him" as a sign that he's not up to it. By that logic 90% of defenders in Scotland last year are hopeless.

There must be 2 o'haras then....the last game I seen with him he was in midfield and couldn't pass the ball 2 yards. Sorry a just don't see anything in him. He might prove me wrong but a can't see it

There must be 2 o'haras then....the last game I seen with him he was in midfield and couldn't pass the ball 2 yards. Sorry a just don't see anything in him. He might prove me wrong but a can't see it

Are you my missus' dad? He has an irrational dislike of O'Hara too.

Are you my missus' dad? He has an irrational dislike of O'Hara too.

He's a sensible man then....this will upset you too likely, I am not Chris Johnstons biggest fan...think he's only a last 30 minute player

He's a sensible man then....this will upset you too likely, I am not Chris Johnstons biggest fan...think he's only a last 30 minute player

Agree about Johnston but I think O'Hara is an excellent prospect. Didn't have the strength to play at centre half last season and being played in 4/5 positions destroyed his confidence. Heard he had been hitting gym towards end of last season so hopefully see him getting a run in team this season.

Magennis would be ok for Killie imo. Presumably would not break the bank either was on a very low wage at the dandies.

Boyd & Goodwillie versus Miller and Magennis is not ideal

but will stick my neck out and say those two strikers would still be good enough to keep you in the division

Sums up my feelings perfectly.

Magennis would be ok for Killie imo. Presumably would not break the bank either was on a very low wage at the dandies.

Boyd & Goodwillie versus Miller and Magennis is not ideal

but will stick my neck out and say those two strikers would still be good enough to keep you in the division

We'll probably have the 6th or 7th biggest budget in the league, so staying in the division shouldn't really be our aim.

Kilmarnock have lost their hotel, which was subsiding their playing budget. Now they're like the rest of us in having to rely on what they bring in for what they spend.

It's no surprise to see them struggling to make this adjustment. If anyone is going to finish below Dundee and Hamilton this year, they're certainly looking the most likely.

Interest on previous loan > hotel income so we're better off.

Clingan signed a new 1 year deal, good stuff.

Epic. Need his steel.

Archived