Kilmarnock Transfer Summer 2014

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If fully fit Cairney could add some creative spark to the Killie midfield. Decent delivery from corners too. Personally I hope he can spark his career again.

Bad news about Boyd going to South Govan Phoenix, I assume AJ has a replacement lined up?

Goodwillie is on the verge of joining St Johnstone is he not ?

I have a hunch Hasselbaink will be Boyd's replacement.

Nah he's still on holiday and we're definitely speaking to him, although if he does come up here I'd imagine it'll be with us. Hasselbaink would be a good player for Killie, indeed any bottom 6 team, but he's never going to replace the goals.

Locke previously said you can retain Boyd. How well did that go?

Hasselbaink isn't going to Killie either, not that he would in any way be a direct replacement for Boyd - completely different players on almost every level. Goodwillie might still go though, purely because he knows he's guaranteed a game, the problem is money though. So Bowie had better get the chequebook out.

Must be difficult for those in Ayrshire. They lose the only player keeping them in this division, they can only compete if they have a sugar daddy supplement their finances and to top it all off they have the largest support for both Conservative and UKIP in the country. All round it's grim down Kilmarnock way.

Hasselbaink isn't going to Killie either, not that he would in any way be a direct replacement for Boyd - completely different players on almost every level. Goodwillie might still go though, purely because he knows he's guaranteed a game, the problem is money though. So Bowie had better get the chequebook out.

Must be difficult for those in Ayrshire. They lose the only player keeping them in this division, they can only compete if they have a sugar daddy supplement their finances and to top it all off they have the largest support for both Conservative and UKIP in the country. All round it's grim down Kilmarnock way.

Kilmarnock have the largest support for the Conservatives and UKIP in the country? What a pile of dung, Kilmarnock is probably the most anti Tory area in Britain never mind Scotland. Killie will survive and prosper this season.

Kilmarnock can sign two striker to Goodwillie and Hasselbaink for they can replace Gros and Boyd

This is a very similar scenario to Griffiths leaving Hibs. They were an awful side in 2012/13, but they had a 20 goal a season striker. That alone is enough to keep any team up. He left, they got relegated.

This Killie side last season was even worse than than that Hibs one of two seasons ago. Even with a 20 goal a season striker they needed a last day result to avoid the playoff. Now Boyd's left... It doesn't exactly bode well for our Ayrshire chums does it?

Even if they do replace him with a decent 10-15 goal a season striker (easier said than done) they will still have a sizeable goal shortfall. If they are even a little bit worse this season than they were last season they will be relegation certainties.

Tough times at Rugby Park.

Kilmarnock have the largest support for the Conservatives and UKIP in the country? What a pile of dung, Kilmarnock is probably the most anti Tory area in Britain never mind Scotland. Killie will survive and prosper this season.

While the first statement by Casual Bystander is not true I don't think your assertion is true either. Killie (now East Ayrshire) has had at least 1 Tory Councillor for years. The Grange/ Portland Road/ Charles Street/ Dundonauld Road/ and parts around Rugby Park have a fair few Tory voters. Safe to say that the rest of the town though doesn't vote that way. In fact wasn't the Provost of a few years ago a Tory (Stephanie Young)?

No thanks on Hasselbaink. At Perth last season Saints fan told me he can't play 90 minutes

Which is a stupid myth pedalled by those who don't like Nigel because he doesn't run about like a headless chicken for 90 minutes.

Which is a stupid myth pedalled by those who don't like Nigel because he doesn't run about like a headless chicken for 90 minutes.

In fairness, he was invariably blowing out of his arse after an hour most games he started, and was replaced.

He's worth it for even just the 60 minutes though - he'll usually create something in any given match, or score a goal. Definitely a 'moneyball' type player.

This is a very similar scenario to Griffiths leaving Hibs. They were an awful side in 2012/13, but they had a 20 goal a season striker. That alone is enough to keep any team up. He left, they got relegated.

This Killie side last season was even worse than than that Hibs one of two seasons ago. Even with a 20 goal a season striker they needed a last day result to avoid the playoff. Now Boyd's left... It doesn't exactly bode well for our Ayrshire chums does it?

Even if they do replace him with a decent 10-15 goal a season striker (easier said than done) they will still have a sizeable goal shortfall. If they are even a little bit worse this season than they were last season they will be relegation certainties.

Killie have the best young striker in Scotland at the club. He at his age is better than Kris Boyd was at that age.

I was just about to ask where you where, knowing you'd be all over this like a tramp eating chips!!

Enjoy it, Lex, for once I agree with you. Tough times indeed.

Who would that be?

Having watched numerous under Twenty league games for the past five season's at all spl venues I am interested in knowing whom you are talking about. Maybe a younger age group? I have seen some boys with potential but until you try them away from the protection of the Development league you will not be able to gauge just how good they are. Some young striker's that are loaned to lower league club's are never heard of again, simply because you take them out a youth set up, in all honesty I have seen boys at top junior club's that have developed more just through playing with mostly ex professional players, so until they play in games with mostly senior players it is only potential.

Archived