Kilmarnock Transfer Summer 2014

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In other words like last year AJ hasn't a fn clue . A club stalwart deserves better treatment than this . If he wants to keep him ,why didn't he play him more often last season instead of farming him out ?

Disagree completely. Why should we keep him? We can spend his wages in a far more pertinent way than giving an over-the-hill guy a new contract because he's played here for most of his career.

In the same way that it was right not to offer Garry Hay a new contract, it's not right to offer Fow one either. He did well in that St Mirren game as I said, but can he do that over a season? At his age, I highly doubt it.

He offers a lot IMO QLP. He's still a decent squad player, and he can help out a lot with youngsters etc. He won't be on a huge wage and he would take a wage cut if necessary.

As I've said, we should keep him on as a player/coach.

He won't be one of our top earners, but he won't be cheap either. I'd rather see his wages go towards keeping some of the younger boys at the club long-term or bringing in someone to challenge regularly for a first team slot. I genuinely don't believe Fowler can do that anymore.

Disagree completely. Why should we keep him? We can spend his wages in a far more pertinent way than giving an over-the-hill guy a new contract because he's played here for most of his career.

In the same way that it was right not to offer Garry Hay a new contract, it's not right to offer Fow one either. He did well in that St Mirren game as I said, but can he do that over a season? At his age, I highly doubt it.

Disagree with what ....that AJ hasn't a clue? I agree with you there

Or that a club stalwart is being fucked about by a manager that has shown poor judgement in the past ? By all means get rid if he thinks he's not good enough but to say he's offering him a new contract in a half hearted manner or to pander to the fans shows bad man management IMO

Disagree with what ....that AJ hasn't a clue? I agree with you there

Or that a club stalwart is being fucked about by a manager that has shown poor judgement in the past ? By all means get rid if he thinks he's not good enough but to say he's offering him a new contract in a half hearted manner or to pander to the fans shows bad man management IMO

We don't know for sure that AJ even said that to Fowler. Not saying that killiesquirrel is making it up, but Fowler may be misconstruing what was told to him.

We don't know for sure that AJ even said that to Fowler. Not saying that killiesquirrel is making it up, but Fowler may be misconstruing what was told to him.

I'm certainly not making it up - perhaps fowler has misinterpreted it, but that's what he understands is happening.

Archived