Kilmarnock Transfer Summer 2014

When St.Mirren go down I'd happily take Kello McGinn and McGowan.

Let them have Samson back so he can play at his level.

I don't want this thug anywhere near Kilmarnock. Keep him with all his Paisley apologists.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should be embarrassed tbh.

Define "embarrassed".

St Mirren pyjama wearing embarrassed? Pseudo-football commentator embarrassed? Mum ignoring you embarrassed?

As I've told you many times an yet you persist. I wouldn't have posted the video up if I was remotely interested in the drivel you spew out on every thread, yet here you are trying to ridicule it in every post.

I tried to run a live stream of a thread that was running big deal, so what ?

This does not make me a bad person.

Same cannot be said for you however.

As I said you should be embarrassed.

Tbf I agree with a lot of this post, I've said before, you're one of the better Midden posters, far from offensive, I don't tend to be offended by middle age guys who live with their mother, if anything I tend to pity them a little.

As I've told you many times an yet you persist. I wouldn't have posted the video up if I was remotely interested in the drivel you spew out on every thread, yet here you are trying to ridicule it in every post.

I tried to run a live stream of a thread that was running big deal, so what ?

This does not make me a bad person.

Same cannot be said for you however.

As I said you should be embarrassed.

As long as it doesn't bother you, that's the main thing eh?!

:)

Why would i be bothered by the way you act on a football forum..?

unless that is, you take it over the rules and regs of said forum.

;)

Why would you be bothered?

Oh I don't know, why don't you ask the other Wisbit that penned the tear-stained diatribe earlier.

I see you're in Yorkshire Terrier mode with your repetition again. You reported me, I got a warning point. Woop!!!!

We have a young Canadian player on trial. Noah Dino.

I'm currently talking to him on twitter :lol: he's playing with the under 17's at the moment, a few of my mates play with the U20's and U17's and they've been training with him and said he's a decent player.

Hopefully a good signing.

Boyd: My only concern is Kilmarnock

Kris Boyd says he is only focused on helping Kilmarnock avoid the relegation play-offs and not speculation linking him to other clubs.

Boyd has been linked with a move back to Rangers after scoring 19 goals this season.

But the Scottish top flight record goalscorer says his sole concern is firing Killie to safety.

"The big thing for me is to focus on the job for Kilmarnock," he said. "I don't think any players can take their eye off the ball in this run-in as we can find ourselves back in a relegation battle again.

"We've managed to get ourselves at the top of that little table again and we think Hibs can be pulled back into it as well.

"We need to win games, we need to perform week-in, week-out that's the big thing that motivates us right now and we need to continue the form that we did last Saturday.

"I don't think speaking to other clubs or speaking with other people is the right thing to do as your head ends up everywhere. You're thinking what could be. At the end of the day Kilmarnock is a great club."

The club's manager Allan Johnston is hoping more players can start finding the goals to take the pressure off Boyd.

He said: "You can't rely on the one player. It's good if you've got somebody of that quality but everybody has got to chip in.

"I think we've got players who can score goals if they get in the right areas.

"Rory McKenzie has done a lot of that this year as well he's done really well playing in that wider position using his pace to get in behind people.

"He's a real threat when he plays like that. You could see that with the goal and the chance he had at Motherwell."

I'm currently talking to him on twitter :lol: he's playing with the under 17's at the moment, a few of my mates play with the U20's and U17's and they've been training with him and said he's a decent player.

Hopefully a good signing.

Sandy will claim he's "not up to it" then.

As for the thread itself, I'll look at the squad and see who we should keep and who we should punt etc on the proviso that we stay up. Starting with those that seem to be out-of-contract:

Jeroen Tesselaar - An interesting one, as I feel he's improved in recent weeks. Could that be because his contract is about to run out? I personally think we could do better than Tess for the money he'll be on, and he hasn't really grown into the player we all hoped he could after making the step up to a much bigger side. So unfortunately, I think it should be - PUNT

Ismael Bouzid - Looked to be forming a decent partnership with Barr in the few games they played together, and no doubt a classy defender. However, far too injury prone, and hasn't really had much of a chance to shine. If he was on small wages then perhaps he might be worth a risk, but for me it's - PUNT

Darren Barr - Another that has struggled with injury issues since joining, but had impressed in the first half of the season. Many seemed to write him off because of his performance levels at Hearts, but I feel he had slotted in to our side well. If he can get himself fit then I'd be willing to keep him, as I think he offers us something - especially in terms of the number of positions he can play - KEEP

James Fowler - A Killie great, that has given his all to us for seventeen years. But there's no place for sentimentality in our position, and the continual selection of Garry Hay last season for example was one of the factors in us not finishing top 6. He isn't cut out for football at this level anymore, so it's a PUNT (but I'd keep him on in a coaching role if he wishes to).

Barry Nicholson - A decent back-up option, but is getting to the stage when he probably can't be relied on for another full season. Thanks for the goal against Hibs Barry, but it's a PUNT

Kris Boyd - Where do you start? He's almost single-handedly kept us in the division for another season, and has definitely kept Allan Johnston in employment. Such a change in him, he's almost unrecognisable to the lazy so-and-so that he was first time round in Scotland. If he chooses to have one more crack at English football, then fair play to him, he owes us nothing. If he stays, I'll cry little tears of joy. Shouldn't even need to elaborate, but KEEP

Ross Barbour - Not sure exactly when his contract ends, but I believe it's this summer. He has definitely benefitted from the 'longer you're out the side, the better you get' syndrome among football fans, and the way some fans went on you'd think he'd been world class in his first team spell last season. He'd had a decent run in the team, and looked good going forward, but shaky at the back. Hadn't looked like featuring at all this season, until the AJ/SC player tombola chose him for inclusion against 'Well. For me, not quite as good as Clohessy, but if he can get his fitness levels back to where they are then KEEP as back-up.

Alexei Eremenko - Hasn't lit up the league as we all hoped, but there'll be a number of reasons for that. He's spoken in the press about wanting to stay and get a full pre-season under his belt. Can't imagine that would do him any harm, and a fit Eremenko is still among the most talented players in the division. Provided his wage demands are reasonable - KEEP

Others that I'd like to get out the door would be Willie Gros (a shambles), Rory McKeown (a poor mans Tesselaar), Jude Winchester and Ross Davidson (not going to cut it I'm afraid). It would be nice to see Samson go too, but that seems unlikely.

If Boyd goes, then a striker would be a priority obviously, However, I'd like to see Rory McKenzie make the lone striker role his own. Pace to burn and a good finisher, I believe that's his natural position (as anyone that saw him play there for the U20s at Murray Park would testify) and he'd suit Johnston's 'raking passes' mentality well. Muirhead is improving week-on-week and will be a star, but can't be relied on yet. A new left-back would be nice, as would a solid defender with no real fitness concerns. A central midfielder to partner or rival Slater/Clingan wouldn't go a miss too.

There is a rumour resurfacing again that we are back after Jamie Hamill. Also hopefully this transfer window is the window in which Frimpong finally comes to his favourite club. ;)

Archived