Kilmarnock Transfer Summer 2014

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brighton & Hove Albion are set to announce the loan signing of left-back Joe Bennett, which will pave the way for Vitalijs Maksimenko to return to Kilmarnock on a season long loan deal. Killie were waiting for Brighton to strengthen before being allowed to discuss a deal.

Probably went for Bennett after their move for Stephen Ward fell through the other day. They'd agreed a fee but Burnley came in at the last minute.

Maksimenko was decent enough but would imagine he'll mostly be back up for Chantler and he can fill in at centre back in a crisis, or if Pasca continues to be poor.

Kilmarnock manager Allan Johnston says adding a new defender to his squad would completehis summer transfer business.

Nine players have joined the Ayrshire side in the close season as they prepare for their final August fixture against top of the table Inverness CT on Saturday.

Johnston believes one more addition would stand his squad in good stead to build on a promising start to the campaign.

But while another body would be welcome, Johnston is equally keen to ensure midfielder Craig Slater remains at Rugby Park beyond Monday's deadline.

He told STV: "We’re trying to bring in one defender if we possibly could but we’ll just have to wait and see."

Asked if there had been any bids for Slater, Johnston added: "No. He’s been fantastic and I think it is only a matter of time before teams are lining up but we’re certainly in no hurry to get rid of him.

Apparently Darryl Westlake previously of Walsall and Sheff Utd has signed, he's a right back.

No apparently about it, he has signed a one year deal.

Good to have some competition for Ross Barbour who hasn't had the brightest start to the season, so if Barbour has another poor display against St Mirren then it would be time to let Westlake prove himself. He's still relatively young, so hopefully he can be a decent addition. Sheffield United fans don't seem to rate him, but they still suffer from "we're a big club" syndrome.

ETA - he's the guy I saw with Connolly at the Global Market in Killie this weekend! Makes sense now.

_71434262_175335174.jpg

If Tohsney not want sign Dundee than Hibs and Hearts rule out sign him but Kilmarnock will sign him

I read that there was a doubt over Toshney relating to some kind of injury worry. Maybe bullshit, but that's what I read.

I also wondered whether we had him on trial in case of a late bid for Jordan McGhee. That may also be bullshit.

Archived