Kilmarnock Transfer Summer 2014

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's pish.

^^^ pretty much this.

Fair enough the slagging etc, but I don't get why your so quick to write him off as 'pish' QLP. I'm pretty willing to give any Killie player a chance, as are you. You always preach about the potential of Jackson Irvine - and I agree with you - who is also seen as pish by many fans. I know Gros has been here for a few years now, but he's only really had one proper run in the first team and he proved to be good in that time. Irvine less than a year younger than Gros, so how come he's young and has potential and Gros doesn't?

2 months after QLP and SH saying this he scores the winner against a premier league side :).

2 months after QLP and SH saying this he scores the winner against a premier league side :).

I take it you haven't seen the goal? He hit a weak effort straight at the fourth choice keeper who managed to let it roll under him. The only skill required was being able to kick the ball

I liked Gros during the time he came through at first in 11/12 - at Tynecastle in particular he was fantastic that year, and looked to show a lot of promise. Unfortunately he never really displayed the work ethic required and seemed to have a propensity to put weight on. As time went on his performances seemed to drop to an extent that ultimately limited his involvement, probably demotivating him even more.

We've all seen it before. A young player thinks he has a divine right to success and it doesn't happen - sometimes they disappear, other times it strengthens their resolve and teaches them things they need to do in order to fulfil their potential. Willie's still young enough to screw the nut and make a living out the game - and here's hoping he does that, but anything he does from now on doesn't change the fact that it wasn't working for him at Killie. A move suited club and hopefully player too.

I quite liked Magennis when he played for us. He holds the ball up well, is strong and has a bit of pace.

However, his presence in the team was for nuisance value only. His finishing is shocking as he can't header the ball in the right direction and he contrived to shoot poorly every time he had a goal scoring chance.

A three year deal. :blink: Really? He must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Having said that, he's bound to score against us.

Archived