Kilmarnock Transfer Summer 2014

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking like yet another season of finishing above all Ayrshire beckons for the Saints.

I'm saying nothing Lexus.*

*except we WILL finish above the Maureens

Hamill isn't as bad a player as some would make out although it could be said he needed a team of kids around him in order to look a standout player.

With Boyd you have to look at the clubs that could sign him. None of the bottom 6 due to wages unless Ro$$ County were to splash out using McGregor's ample credit card. Obviously Kilmarnock is the exception there due to history and him being incumbent. Of the top 6, he wouldn't suit the playing styles of St Johnstone, Dundee United or Inverness leaving you with Aberdeen Motherwell and Celtic. We can clearly rule out Celtic. Motherwell are considerable outsiders leaving Aberdeen or Kilmarnock if he was to stay in the Premiership. The only Scottish team outside of there would be Rangers who seem intent on self destructing (again) so a line can be put through them. As for Hibs and Hearts? What would either of them benefit him over staying at Killie other than possibly the money and if he wanted that he could look to a club in the North of England.

Well don't need to strengthen the attack. My guess is Aberdeen and Dundee United in the SPFL. Both are splashing the cash right now. Don't have the money anyhow. Count us out.

Boyd has claimed before that he had no interest in joining sevco, he either wants to go to England or stay here. Eremenko and his family are enjoying Scottish life, so that rumour could be true.

Good news. I've enjoyed Mrs Eremenko and her mate sitting in front of me the last few games of last season!

The fat diver Cairney would be a great signing - we're very short of creative options in the middle of the park and he got a bit of a raw deal at Hibs. I'd much rather have someone like him who will make things happen rather than a passive, nothing player like Gardyne.

The fat diver Cairney would be a great signing - we're very short of creative options in the middle of the park and he got a bit of a raw deal at Hibs. I'd much rather have someone like him who will make things happen rather than a passive, nothing player like Gardyne.

Make things happen? I've not seen anything from Cairney to suggest that he would be anything like an important Premiership player. If we were planning on having him the furthest forward of the middle three, then I'd rather give Chris Johnston a game there. Both have similar attributes, but one is a youth player. I thought that was where we should be focusing?

Eh ???????????

He doesn't need to be an "important Premiership player", he only needs to be a useful member of our squad. He managed 6 assists and a goal for Hibs last season despite playing just over 1000 minutes. Rory McKenzie (7) was the only Killie player who managed more assists last season, and he played over twice as many minutes.

If Eremenko doesn't hang around then we only have McKenzie, Johnston and Kiltie as attacking options, plus Muirhead who clearly isn't comfortable in those positions. We need some more variety and depth in those positions, particularly if we go for a 4-2-3-1 next season.

He doesn't need to be an "important Premiership player", he only needs to be a useful member of our squad. He managed 6 assists and a goal for Hibs last season despite playing just over 1000 minutes. Rory McKenzie (7) was the only Killie player who managed more assists last season, and he played over twice as many minutes.

If Eremenko doesn't hang around then we only have McKenzie, Johnston and Kiltie as attacking options, plus Muirhead who clearly isn't comfortable in those positions. We need some more variety and depth in those positions, particularly if we go for a 4-2-3-1 next season.

So he only needs to be a "useful member of a squad" then? Hardly the "great signing" you proclaimed earlier. You also say that he probably wasn't give a fair crack of the whip at Hibs, but why was that? If his assist record is so strong, then why did subsequent managers consistently drop him? Attitude? Weight? Inconsistency?

I know for a fact that Borja is out-of-favour at Tenerife, and is looking to Scotland/England for his next club. I'd much rather that we were trying to re-sign him than look at someone like Cairney who hasn't exactly shone over his few years in Leith.

He was only at Hibs for two seasons, and he played the majority of their games under Pat Fenlon before getting injured and missing the first part of this season. The only manager who didn't fancy him was Terry Butcher, who froze out various players that didn't suit the way he wanted to play. He definitely has weight issues, but I think he has enough ability for us to take a chance on him, and I think he would prove himself to be a very good option for us.

He's younger than Borja and is likely to be a better option in the long term. Borja flattered to deceive for much of his time here last season and I don't think he was really suited to Scottish football. Decent big guy and his effort and ability could never be questioned, but he always wanted too long on the ball. I doubt there's any chance he'll be on our radar anyway.

He was only at Hibs for two seasons, and he played the majority of their games under Pat Fenlon before getting injured and missing the first part of this season. The only manager who didn't fancy him was Terry Butcher, who froze out various players that didn't suit the way he wanted to play. He definitely has weight issues, but I think he has enough ability for us to take a chance on him, and I think he would prove himself to be a very good option for us.

He's younger than Borja and is likely to be a better option in the long term. Borja flattered to deceive for much of his time here last season and I don't think he was really suited to Scottish football. Decent big guy and his effort and ability could never be questioned, but he always wanted too long on the ball. I doubt there's any chance he'll be on our radar anyway.

Butcher did seem to fancy him though initially. He started Butcher's first ten games in charge, before being hooked at half-time against St Mirren in late-January. That run of ten starts coincided with a sending off for diving as well as his assists and goal however. So why after playing him every week, did he suddenly vanish into thin air?

Also, were Borja's stats not quite good for this level? Far an exceeding others who've played in his position such as Harkins?

Archived