Bloody Edinburgh trams

You do realise of course that the snp werent in power when everything was signed and only when they came into power they sorted it out

But do crack on

What did they sort out? That was my point, they avoided it like the plague when they took power.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And with the money spent on litigation they would put Rangers financial mismanagement look like a kid who'd accidentally dropped his piggy bank.

They were over £600m over budget.

How much do you think they'd have to pay for legal representation before it became mismanagement?

What did they sort out? That was my point, they avoided it like the plague when they took power.

theres a working tram system in edinburgh,could you actually see that happening when labour were flip flopping floundering over everything?

They were over £600m over budget.

How much do you think they'd have to pay for legal representation before it became mismanagement?

should have signed kenny miller imo

The SNP axed a relatively inexpensive bit on the old railway alignment out to Granton that would have helped make the project more viable and seemed determined to turn the whole thing into white elephant, so they could use it as a stick to beat Labour with.

The SNP axed a relatively inexpensive bit on the old railway alignment out to Granton that would have helped make the project more viable and seemed determined to turn the whole thing into white elephant, so they could use it as a stick to beat Labour with.

And rightly so

If Labour-run councils wish to spunk dosh under Labour supervision at Holyrood, then it is obviously the fault of...?

Of course the most practical solution would be to abolish the power of these glorified tuck shops to spend money.

If Labour-run councils wish to spunk dosh under Labour supervision at Holyrood, then it is obviously the fault of...?

Of course the most practical solution would be to abolish the power of these glorified tuck shops to spend money.

I certainly would have thought that even with the pre-determined budget it should not have been a council run operation. It's like a parent putting a house extension into the hands of their child to deal with.

I certainly would have thought that even with the pre-determined budget it should not have been a council run operation. It's like a parent putting a house extension into the hands of their child to deal with.

Plus, we all know what happens within the City of Edinburgh Council when they get to play with the money.........

• 2 months later...

And so it begins... Link

A bus and a tram have collided during the rush hour in Edinburgh.

The accident happened on West Maitland Street at about 07:45. Both vehicles were travelling east towards Princes Street.

Police said no-one was injured and the tram was not derailed.

The tram and bus were eventually separated and removed, but traffic was seriously disrupted with long delays before the road was reopened two hours later.

• 1 year later...

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/transport/council-set-to-approve-trams-to-newhaven-1-3951260

Extension of the line down Leith Walk then on to Newhaven looks like it will get voted through. Allegedly bus fares will rise to help cover the costs of the new line.

I've seldom used the tram since moving to Edinburgh. It's probably quicker once it goes 'off road' at Haymarket but once it's sharing space with buses and cars it gets snarled up like the rest of the traffic does when going through the city centre.

I think the trams are a good thing in the long term, but I just don't really have a lot of faith in the execution.

Leith is hard enough to drive through at the best of times. The road works fiasco at the Great Junction Street traffic lights was an utter clusterfuck which would be this all over again x twenty. I'm also not sure I feel like paying £1.60-£2 (over the next few years) for a bus service, or increase in Edinburgh tax that only serves the Leith area of people. Mostly if this does go through, I want that useless cow Lesley Hinds as far the f**k away from the project as possible.

This won't bloody end. Once they get Newhaven, they'll then want to loop it back to the West End too. Which I'm sure we won't be able to afford either.

Archived