Bloody Edinburgh trams

The area out towards Granton will expand as well there will be loads new developments on the water front near the lidls out there. Granton itself will undergo a lot of work if I'm to believe what i hear, its a tad scabby just now

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Trams start 0500 tomorrow.Who will be having a ride,Will capy be first in the queue? Whens the first tram crawl?

Hope there's a man with a red flag walking in front. Do they make any noise? Inaugural launch at staggering back from Friday night clubbing time could be another badly thought out plan.

how long before someone gets run over by a tram?

Should start a book. Now, will it be a local auld dear, a drunk, or a tourist?I'll go for an auld dear on a Saturday afternoon.

Have we had our first team fatality yet, as in hit by a tram?

Trams start 0500 tomorrow.Who will be having a ride,Will capy be first in the queue? Whens the first tram crawl?

Who needs a tram crawl when you have the Fife Circle. All aboard for Cowdengelly!

I haven't read through this but the one thing you can say about the trams is that they're next to f**k all good to the people of Edinburgh who have paid for them. The whole thing is built around getting folk in from the airport. A stop at Edinburgh Park so that folk can head West and North out of the city. A stop at Murrayfield for the rugger chaps. It's pretty much missed out huge tranches of the West Edinburgh population. If they were genuinely concerned about improving transport for the citizens of the city they'd have built the things down to Leith and out to Bonnyrigg, Dalkeith etc - the areas where there is no train service. I'll get use out of them because I use the airport a lot but I don't live in Edinburgh.

I think its great that its open but its an almighty balls up that it doesn't come down Leith like it was proposed to. To say it doesn't serve the people of Edinburgh isn't quite correct because so long as it brings people to the city and makes its money back it will be worth it, which i believe it will

I think its great that its open but its an almighty balls up that it doesn't come down Leith like it was proposed to.

That isn't dead and buried yet.

If this is a big success I can see the Leith extension getting built in the next 5 years.

They've already done a lot of the work for that piece of track so hopefully wouldn't cost too much to finish.

I understand the people of Leith want to see it too.

That isn't dead and buried yet.

If this is a big success I can see the Leith extension getting built in the next 5 years.

They've already done a lot of the work for that piece of track so hopefully wouldn't cost too much to finish.

I understand the people of Leith want to see it too.

Yeah thats what I'm hoping for, it will benefit a good chunk of the cities population if and when it goes down to the OT and will help me out a lot. Have a few things to do today but i will hopefully get a wee ride on it, lovely day for it as well :)

Archived