Bloody Edinburgh trams

12 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I got an early morning bus into Edinburgh airport and was there in no time, clean and comfortable. Tram back, couldn't believe how slow it was, was looking for the donkey pulling it. 

The Express bus is the better option out of the two.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I suppose the answer would be to connect the railway line to the tram line before Haymarket, have the tram take the usual tram line and then re-connect with the railway line after Waverley.  There must be a way to work it out.

Anti-clockwise from Haymarket - could turn off to Dalry Road, down Distillery Lane with a 5th platform, over the railway line and Russell Road to get to the South Sub. Once you get past Brunstane though, you would trundle along at 50mph taking up valuable ECML capacity, and then you'd somehow need to get back up to Regent Road and Princes Street.

I got an early morning bus into Edinburgh airport and was there in no time, clean and comfortable. Tram back, couldn't believe how slow it was, was looking for the donkey pulling it. 
If all the Edinburgh buses were like the Airport bus service, then nobody would be asking for a tram.

49 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Was thinking more Leith/city centre tbh. The good parts of the city.:whistle

I live in the city centre and I'd obviously prefer it if public transport services didn't stop in dull residential neighbourhoods that I've got little interest in visiting. Similarly I find it annoying that the Glasgow train stops in the one horse town of Croy and the two horse town of Falkirk

However people do live in Falkirk and Stenhouse, and Corstorphine and Pilrig  and it's their transport too

Archived