New handsets 2016

Mik

Samsung's move to remove the SD card slot is baffling as like Mik says, it was one of the things that gave it the edge over Apple. I'm due an upgrade in June and my last 2 phones have been the S2 and S4 and loved them both, so naturally I was really keen on the S6 but I'm definitely going for either the HTC One M8 or M9 now.

Would you not just get larger internal memory on s6?

Contacts up next week. What's the best android phone on the market? I'm also with three. Should I change?

Have a wee read at tech radars post from MWC15.

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/mwc-2015-what-we-want-to-see-1268443

Also worth noting that the OnePlusTwo will be out sometime this year maybe in the summer if that floats your boat as I know a few on here have the OnePlusOne.

Networks are all the same these days, most provide the same coverage but always worth checking before committing to a contract and you don't get a signal in your own home :lol: shop around for the best possible deal. Don't see the point in being loyal to a network if you can keep your number without any hassle. Heard 3 have great data deals though!

Thoughts on the moto g? Really need to upgrade my Samsung Galaxy S (froyo operating system)

I'm not looking for a top of the range, brand spanking new phone. Just one that sounds good, plays videos well, good for surfing the web and accepts an external memory card.

Any other fit that mould too? Apparently some of the sony ones are belters too?

Thoughts on the moto g? Really need to upgrade my Samsung Galaxy S (froyo operating system)

I'm not looking for a top of the range, brand spanking new phone. Just one that sounds good, plays videos well, good for surfing the web and accepts an external memory card.

Any other fit that mould too? Apparently some of the sony ones are belters too?

You won't get better than the Moto G for that price. It's weak point is its camera, but you haven't mentioned that as something you need so I'd highly recommend it if your on a budget.

I didn't know they were discontinuing the alpha. I have one and it's great. It's essentially a newer s5 with a smaller screen and a premium feel.

I had an iPhone then an s2 which destroyed everything that went before it. Then an s4 which was in my opinion slightly too big to comfortably hold and just a bit meh then I got the alpha which I love it feels really nice and we'll made just a sturdy quality product and the battery us still removable.

Maybe it was an experiment or prototype they didn't go with?

Has anyone used a 7" phone or fitted them in their pockets. Was thinking lately of getting a tablet and am due an upgrade in a few months thought it might be an idea toi combine both.

No, but Ive got a 7" Nexus tablet. Theres no way you could carry it around as a phone

I'm looking at getting a new phone, I've got an iPhone 5 just now. I've had it about two and a half years and just fancy a change so going to try an Android phone. I just bought the iPhone outright and will probably do the same as just now I'm paying £7.50 a month for 2GB data, unlimited texts and 500 minutes.

I'd consider myself to be clued up on most things tech but mobile phones are something I don't keep up to date with, especially Android ones as the manufacturers are releasing a new model every other week... Here are the handsets I've shortlisted so far, anyone care to give any pointers on any, or offer other suggestions?

Motorola MotoG 2nd Gen model

Samsung Galaxy S5

Samsung Galaxy A5

Samsung Galaxy S4

Huawei Ascend G7

Huawei Ascend P6

Cheers

Edit - sorry mods, never saw this thread!

Edited by gavin_3110